Cru select Valpola question.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoBigBlueF150

Junior
Reaction score
Hello, has anyone recently made this kit? It came with 2 bags of oak chips and also 2 bags of oak tea. Is this correct or did I get double?

Also 2 bags of grape skins
Thats normal for the upper tier kits i did a Grenache/Syrah from the same company. I got 2 skins and 2 bags of chips and 2 bags of oak powder.

You will use it all just follow the directions that come with the kit although i highly recommend skipping the directed aging portion and aging it for longer than what they list.

Thank you! I just finished putting everything in. I figured I would call in the morning and check. If it was wrong then I would get a chance to see how good their customer service is. Thanks again.

Did this kit a few years back. I always thought it had a funky salty taste to it. I only drank about half of it. Hopefully mine was an isolated incident.

Did this kit a few years back. I always thought it had a funky salty taste to it. I only drank about half of it. Hopefully mine was an isolated incident.
Yeah that sounds like a bad kit

Back