Cru Coffee Dessert Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't. Waste the coffee flavor add it to the main batch just before bottling..

Don't. Waste the coffee flavor add it to the main batch just before bottling..

Ok, will do, just wanted to make sure it was still good since it is going to be in fridge for 3 weeks in a screw top bottle.

SCORE!!! Probably found the last kit on the internet. Now I will follow all Joeswine's directions. Thanks to all.

By the way, I don't see that anyone "fortifies" this wine with Brandy or Vodka, am I correct or did I miss something?

I believe I add I quart of simple syrup to the primary that should be enough.

I hate to open a can of worms or in this case a can of coffee, I just started this kit today. I don't see anywhere that you added the sorbate, which I never do but in this case since I am adding the f-pack eventually it is usually mandatory at clearing time, BUT, since the abv should be in the neighborhood of 16% not sure it is mandatory. Want did you do?

I hate to open a can of worms or in this case a can of coffee, I just started this kit today. I don't see anywhere that you added the sorbate, which I never do but in this case since I am adding the f-pack eventually it is usually mandatory at clearing time, BUT, since the abv should be in the neighborhood of 16% not sure it is mandatory. Want did you do?

Found these instructions on the RJS website, don't know if they're the same as yours, but see step 5.

IMG_0734.jpg

Yes, as Johnd posted, you do add the sorbate. Unless you have outdated instructions, it is listed in there.
Yes, you need to add it to be on the safe side.

Latest posts

Back