Crimson Cabernet

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trillium vineyard has a test plot in West Georgia UGA Viticulturist is over managing the plot and they are planted in several plots in Georgia. I will keep you in the loop I will be visiting the plot in West Georgia because I'm interested in planting also. The horticulturist that developed them has a white and red both are planted in Georgia.

I'm not but a vineyard nearby can't get them to set fruit. Desert Rose Ranch and Winery in Virginia is growing Crimson Cabernet. I tasted their 2012 vintage back in May. It was good but not earth shattering. Before thinking too hard about growing, check out the website of the breeders. http://davisvines.com/GrowersInfo.html A grower must be certified by Davis Vines and agree to grow at least one acre of vines. The vines are green potted and you will be looking at a minimum order of 600 vines (provided you are chosen to participate.)

Here in Missouri I know of two, perhaps three vineyards that have them planted. They all had Crimson Cabs for the past two years, I believe, maybe longer. (For those who may care to try, Noboleis Vineyards and Blumenhof Winery near Dutzow, MO, and LaChance near DeSota, MO -- Noboleis winemaker makes the wines for LaChance) Very tasty wine. There is also a vineyard growing it between New Haven and Hermann, MO, but I don't know what they do with their fruit or the name. (I almost bought 50 acres very near that vineyard, but no internet was a show-stopper).

That would be Sandy Ridge . Blumenhof buys their crimson Cabernet grapes. From what I’ve been reading the average return per acre is 4500lbs per acre. I’m just jamming some numbers and trying to figure out if this is worth the effort to plant.

Back