Criminal Investigating Sommelier

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustbucket

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just finished reading a book about a female sommelier who is also a criminal investigator. Combining a food and wine tasting festival setting with a criminal mystery made the book interesting to me. I've been involved with putting together a wine and food festival in Miami and could easily relate to the scenes in the book.

One of the things that I found interesting about the book is that, interwoven into the plot, there are wine tasting notes and each chapter starts with a wine pairing tidbit. The book is called "Pairing a Deception (A Sommelier Mystery)" by Nadine Nettmann and it is apparently part of a series.

I'm bringing this book to the attention of the group as I believe others who enjoy reading fiction may have an interest in checking this one out. Although I acquired it elsewhere, it is available on Amazon.

sommelier who is also a criminal investigator

What was the crime?

Someone substituting CA Central Vally Merlot via reverse osmosis through glass* with the Romanée-Conti Pinot Noir that was in the original bottle? Or was it just a more "traditional" crime? ;)

* Thus also a Sci-Fi story

Last edited:
Back