Cranberry Lime Skeeter Pee

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doug,
How did it turn out?
I've got 10 gallons going and I want to try different flavors

Doug,
How did it turn out?
I've got 10 gallons going and I want to try different flavors

I bottled this 2 Friday's ago. It is by far the best batch of Cranberry Lime I've made. Seriously considering starting another batch of it. I used 6 cans of concentrate to back sweeten (6 gallon batch) with then took it to 1.012 after that.

Doug,
Is this the recipe I got from you a few years ago? Where you start with lemon juice and then around the 1.020 mark add lime juice?

That would be the one.

haha
Thought so. That has been one of my "go to" wines ever since you gave it to me. I just started another 2 gal. of it Sunday. Going to mix one gal. with some Old Orchard Strawberry/Kiwi and the other with Cranberry.

Took some out to my son's place in Winter Park, CO. We took it up the slopes with us in his camelback. Made us quite "happy". Only second time I had been skiing but it made me think I was Bode Miller..............until I wiped out and about tore my other rotator.

Thanks again for the recipe.

haha
Thought so. That has been one of my "go to" wines ever since you gave it to me. I just started another 2 gal. of it Sunday. Going to mix one gal. with some Old Orchard Strawberry/Kiwi and the other with Cranberry.

Took some out to my son's place in Winter Park, CO. We took it up the slopes with us in his camelback. Made us quite "happy". Only second time I had been skiing but it made me think I was Bode Miller..............until I wiped out and about tore my other rotator.

Thanks again for the recipe.

I have had good luck with the cranberry leaving the s.p. clear, but when I have added strawberry of any kind, I have had to wait for it to clear again. (Usually quite a while. As in a couple of months, not days.) Still tastes great, just cloudy instead of clear. Arne.

I have had good luck with the cranberry leaving the s.p. clear, but when I have added strawberry of any kind, I have had to wait for it to clear again. (Usually quite a while. As in a couple of months, not days.) Still tastes great, just cloudy instead of clear. Arne.

Really? No issues here.

I ferment it dry, hit it with SuperKleer, rack it off the lees, then onto some concentrate and sugar. So far, it always stays crystal clear. Remember, most any store bought concentrates only contain small amounts of said fruit, ie: strawberry, blueberry, etc., as the first ingredient(s) are always apple juice and pear juice.

Hope you don't jinx me. :)

Really? No issues here.

I ferment it dry, hit it with SuperKleer, rack it off the lees, then onto some concentrate and sugar. So far, it always stays crystal clear. Remember, most any store bought concentrates only contain small amounts of said fruit, ie: strawberry, blueberry, etc., as the first ingredient(s) are always apple juice and pear juice.

Hope you don't jinx me. :)

lol, hope not too. don't forget to give me call, thought of a spot where you can maybe get a few more elders. Arne

I am new to this, but I have made straight up Skeeter Pee a few times. I thought I would tackle this. I started with a bottle of lemon and a bottle of lime as opposed to two bottles of lemon. Do you think this will affect the outcome much? I also have another question....when back sweetening with frozen cranberry concentrate do you add the usual sugar at that time as well?

Thanks!

evshro it will change the taste in the end. It won't be as flavorful. Stick to the recipe if you can.

Also inverted sugar is what you will back sweeten with.

Enjoy!

evshro it will change the taste in the end. It won't be as flavorful. Stick to the recipe if you can.

Also inverted sugar is what you will back sweeten with.

Enjoy!

Thanks! Your blog which may have contained the recipe is no longer available. Do you have the recipe anywhere online that a newbie could follow? I have read through this thread, and it definitely sounds like there are a variety of ways to do this. I was following Lon's recipe with the exception of adding some lime juice prior to fermentation. By inverted sugar I assume you mean heating water and sugar to around 201? I am confused because Lon's recipe adds sugar right at the end? Sorry....I just want to make some great wine;) Thanks again for responding! I want to make my girl happy too! LOL

Latest posts

Back