Cranberry Lime Skeeter Pee

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djrockinsteve

Reaction score
Got home last night to have my wife tell me "This wine is excellent and you will NOT be giving any of it away!"

I replied as I took my coat off Okay, and what wine is that?

The Cranberry Lime Skeeter Pee. Sorry folks you'll have to make your own as she was not joking. Here's the recipe;

Cranberry Lime Skeeter Pee-"Final 6 gallons, not 5"
Starting gravity 1.070-1.080 Lalvin EC-1118

Start off with Lon's original recipe but with only 1 bottle of lemon juice. When near thru fermenting (@1.010) add 2 bottles (16 ounces total) of Lime juice.

When thru fermenting add 4 cans (12 ounces each) of Old Orchard (or equilevant) Cranberry Juice and 3 teaspoons Sorbate, and a 1/4 teaspoon Sulfite.

My ph was acidic at 2.83 and I had a final gravity of 1.020
Fine with Sparkolloid. Age a little and bottle. You could wait before adding the cranberry if you like.

This was one of two experiments which yielded two 3 gallon batches. I adjusted it for a full 6 gallons. You will want to start off with 6 1/2 gallon mass. Adjust water and sugar accordingly to desired specific gravity.

Sounds good! How would you go about making 3 gallon batch using this recipe?

Use the above recipe except shoot for @ 3 1/2 gallon starter and substitute...

1/2 bottle of lemon Juice.
8 ounces of Lime Juice.
Two 12 ounce cans of Frozen Cranberry concentrate
1 1/2 teaspoons of sorbate.
Sulfite as well.

Gonna have to make a full batch again soon.

Frozen concentrate.

You may also take 100% juice and simmer it to less than 1/2 volume then add.

Sounds awesome. We all like keeping the wifey happy. But I bet if you get another batch going, she'll change her mind and share. She'll be too proud of her man to not show off his skills a little. Cheers and thanks sharing your modifications and results.

I have intentions of doing an orange, cherry, tangerine etc versions with similar recipe.

So many love this and keep asking for more. It is indeed a hot item. Maybe someday we'll see them in a vending machine.

Use the above recipe except shoot for @ 3 1/2 gallon starter and substitute...

1/2 bottle of lemon Juice.
8 ounces of Lime Juice.
Two 12 ounce cans of Frozen Cranberry concentrate
1 1/2 teaspoons of sorbate.
Sulfite as well.

Gonna have to make a full batch again soon.

Do i still use 16 cups of sugar and 8 cups of water per Lon's recipe or enough sugar to have my SG at 1.070 for the 3 1/2 gallon?

Pro-rate for different sizes. Mine is for a final 5 gallons. Always underestimate the sugar a bit and recheck your gravity then add enough if needed to get the desired gravity.

I have always added the Old Orch. juice after clearing to back sweeten but you could use less sugar and add the juices up front and add sugar after it's cleared. You are just swapping sugar.

I just added (to back sweeten) the c.l.s.p. today and it has a really nice red to it. Cranberry 100% juice is hard to find. I had to get cranberry blend. Either way it rocks. This will be a forth of July drink.

I have also substituted other flavors instead of the lime and cranberry. Add 2 of the 3 lemon juice and substitute 2-4 cans of your favorite juice. Get creative.

But fortunately the next 5 gallons should be ready to bottle real soon. Just needs to clear a bit more.

ROFLMAO, yes you better be bottling soon, I believe Marilyn to rooting around for that old cast iron skillet, :) :) :)

Well my wife is not a fan of Skeeter Pee because of the name. Even if she liked it won't drink it due to the name. Well she got a chance to try this Cranberry Lime Skeeter Pee and absolutely loved it. She said I need to make it and proceeded to say you will change the name. LOL

Well my wife is not a fan of Skeeter Pee because of the name. Even if she liked it won't drink it due to the name. Well she got a chance to try this Cranberry Lime Skeeter Pee and absolutely loved it. She said I need to make it and proceeded to say you will change the name. LOL

Got a chance to try it!!!!!!!!!!! LOL, she was hugging the bottle!

Just tell her to only drink it in front of the mirror. It'll read "eep reteeks'.
Little_LaffRoll.gif

Got home last night to have my wife tell me "This wine is excellent and you will NOT be giving any of it away!"

I replied as I took my coat off Okay, and what wine is that?

The Cranberry Lime Skeeter Pee. Sorry folks you'll have to make your own as she was not joking. Here's the recipe;

Cranberry Lime Skeeter Pee-"Final 6 gallons, not 5"
Starting gravity 1.070-1.080 Lalvin EC-1118

Start off with Lon's original recipe but with only 1 bottle of lemon juice. When near thru fermenting (@1.010) add 2 bottles (16 ounces total) of Lime juice.

When thru fermenting add 4 cans (12 ounces each) of Old Orchard (or equilevant) Cranberry Juice and 3 teaspoons Sorbate, and a 1/4 teaspoon Sulfite.

My ph was acidic at 2.83 and I had a final gravity of 1.020
Fine with Sparkolloid. Age a little and bottle. You could wait before adding the cranberry if you like.

This was one of two experiments which yielded two 3 gallon batches. I adjusted it for a full 6 gallons. You will want to start off with 6 1/2 gallon mass. Adjust water and sugar accordingly to desired specific gravity.

So you are using 32 oz of Lemon Juice and 16 oz of Lime Juice? Lon's recipe calls for a total of 96 oz of Lemon. Do you still add your 2nd bottle of Lemon at 1.050 or just leave with the 48 combined oz of Lemon/Lime?

Just went and bought lime juice and was going to work on getting this started this afternoon but want to make sure I have this right.

Douguse 32 ounces each of lemon and lime. Then near the end or after fermentaion add 4 cans of cranberry concentrate. You are mixing 3 flavors, cranberry, lemon and lime.

See my blog.

http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/blog.php?b=17

That had me even more confused because it is saying 1-16 oz bottle of each. Ok, I got 5-15 oz bottles of lime juice. I should be good to go. Getting started disolving the sugar now.

Latest posts

Back