Cranberry ideas

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlamingoEmporium

Reaction score
I think I’m going to make a gallon batch of cranberry wine to blend with my mango. I’m thinking put a few pounds of fresh cranberries through the food mill, and add some cranberry juice to get close to the gallon. Straight cranberry ? Or juice mixture like cranberry grape ?

Thoughts ? 🤔

I would stay with straight cranberry but that's just me, Make sure to check ph, cranberries are a bit acidic and yeast can struggle to get going, definitely make a healthy starter.
I suppose the berries have a fair amount of juice but not enough to make a gallon batch. ? I was thinking some real cranberry juice, (harder to find) might be better than water.

I used a concntrate called FruitFast Cranberry Juice Concentrate. I may have gotten it through Amazon. I'm sure there are multiple online sources. They have different juice concentrates also.

I think I used 4 #'s fresh berries, froze them, brew bag and into primary. Freezing made them mushy.

I also did homemade cranberry sauce that was fantastic and canned it. As I recall fresh cranberries were hard to find last year. At least around here.

I think that 4 lbs per gallon is about right. I freeze them and then rough chop them in a food processor. No need to grind them up too fine. You will need to add quite a bit of water as well. Cranberries have a strong flavor, so it should be good.

It's nice with some added orange zest.

Latest posts

Back