Cranberry hard lemonade stuck

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelo80

Junior
Reaction score
Hello, I made a 6 gallon batch of this, started with spg of 1.070 and a temp of 70 degrees, pitched yeast on 12/30 with a yeast starter. Fermented down to 1.050 and stalled, added another packet of EC-118 and nothing happened. I hydrated yet another pack of EC_118 and pitched it on 1/7 my spg today is still at 1.050, yet there is a ton of bubbles and foam when you stir it and the airlock is bubbling every 20 seconds, im at wits end with this batch. Any suggestions? Thanks.

cranberry is hard to ferment. I would add some yeast nutrient and insure the temp is at least 70degF and have patience. I made the wine once and it took thirty days to ferment out so patience. check ph and acid if you can they can be inhibiting fermentation. as a last resort start a yeast starter with sugar water and he yeast EC1118 once fermenting add one cup of must, once fermenting and two cup must, continue adding must doubling the volume each time the previous addition has started fermenting.

Another path is to start a whole new ferment with some of your must, additional sugar and nutrient. You get the fermentation started and slowly add the old must into the new. You closely watch the % sugar and when it gets down to 5%, add old must to new. You want to add around 50% of the size of the new must; if the new must is two gallons, wait until brix goes dow to 5 and then add 1 gallon from the old. You will also want to add a little nutrient along the way.

I did this to 60 gallons of stuck Zin. Took some effort, but went dry.

Latest posts

Back