• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Craigslist Press

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I always keep my eye on Craigslist. I've seen this press listed for a long time now and steadily going down in price. It's too large for me but a great deal and wanted to share the link.

It's an 85gal bladder press on casters. (Needs a bladder though) for $225. I don't remember original asking price but may have been 4x current price.
IMG_8383.jpg
https://southjersey.craigslist.org/bfs/d/used-fruit-grape-wine-press/6359684518.html

@JohnT : Is that pretty similar to yours?
Mine looks to be about the same size, but

My press is not a bladder press, but a plunger press. I prefer the idea of a plunger press because I always fear a bladder rupture.

My press is hydraulic with a regulator to control pressure. It is nice! set it and forget it!

Also, rather than a "lid", my press has the pan on a giant hinge that locks into place with a pin. So, to open the press, we pull the lock pin, back off the plunger, and swing the pan and basket out. Takes some doing when loaded.

press1.jpg press2.jpg

I am not sure what you are asking. Are you asking how much I paid for my press? I paid around $3,500.00 about 15 years ago (brand new). A very good deal at the time.
Yes) Thanks

Latest posts

Back