Cellar Craft Couple questions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anodari

Reaction score
1. What is the best online site that has the best prices for Wine Kits?

2. What is a red wine type, brand, that you can drink in two moths that doesnt require much aging and is fairly decent.

I am so impatient

1. What is the best online site that has the best prices for Wine Kits?

2. What is a red wine type, brand, that you can drink in two moths that doesnt require much aging and is fairly decent.

I am so impatient

I do alot of my shopping at www.grapestompers.com

They have good prices, and don't kill you with shipping. Also, you can pick up some kits on special every month. I just got a Cellar Craft Yakima Valley Merlot with Grapeskin pack for $93.

I guess some of the early drinkers would be the 10L kits. I have done Heron Bay 8L and RJ Spagnols Grand Cru 10L kits, that are ok fairly soon, but I will suggest a minimum 6 month aging on all kits. It really does make a difference.

I second Fine Vine Wines and they also have the Wine of theMonth which is usually available in every brand also so you can choose which brand you like of that wine. He also has 10% off your first oreder plus a coupon for your birthday and after you spend a certain amount with him he will automatically give you 15% off every order from then on. Check out this area of the sight.
http://www.finevinewines.com/home-wine-making.htm

any winexpert kit with silver of gold label. Want to drink it soon, most kits are drinkable in short time but AGE and PATIECE is still the rule

The early drnkers are typically lacking in body so my advise to you is to start a big it and a small kit. The smaller kit you can start drinking early while you let the big kit age so you can see what can truly be made, even small red wine kit will improve with more age but the bigger kits can really become awesome but wont get there for at least 8 months and thats the bare minimum!

You can drink any wine as soon as it is done fermenting. Just don't expect it to taste like one you would buy at the store. You hear people rave about early drinkers. In my opinion there is no such thing. If so, it would be the one everyone bought. Like I said, you can drink and enjoy many if your expectations are not set high. I have tried so many reds that people said were great early on and have been disappointed every time. I find every red tastes exactly the same short of different oak profiles. Giving proper age makes a huge difference but as I said, it ain't gonna kill you if you drink any of them early.

thanks fellas, I will be starting my 3rd kit. There is a special on Cellar Craft Washington Merlot 18L at Grapestompers. $93.00 I did a low budget 8L kit, and it was ok at best, but it had a certain taste that I couldnt not point my finger on it. The Cellar Craft Amerone is much better and has that same slight subtle taste. it must be the tatse when a wine is young, I am not sure. The Amerone is going on 3 months bulk aging. with 1/8 tsp of kmeta every 55 days

fruit wines usually can be drank sooner. 6 months and alot of them are great by then. the darker berry wines take longer, but the high citric acid type (ex. pineapple) and others are quick to age.

as others said. they WILL get better though. Even fruit wines will stay for ~2-5 yrs depending on type.

thanks fellas, I will be starting my 3rd kit. There is a special on Cellar Craft Washington Merlot 18L at Grapestompers. $93.00 I did a low budget 8L kit, and it was ok at best, but it had a certain taste that I couldnt not point my finger on it. The Cellar Craft Amerone is much better and has that same slight subtle taste. it must be the tatse when a wine is young, I am not sure. The Amerone is going on 3 months bulk aging. with 1/8 tsp of kmeta every 55 days

That is probably the referred to Kit Taste. You must be one of the unfortunate like me that can taste it. It will go away with time and age. That Amarone (if the grape pack kit) will turn out awesome but just set it back about 3 years. It will taste good, then bad, then great. One of the best kits I ever made. BTW, Grapestompers is a great company. I like a few of the others shop at The Wine Makers Toystore aka Fine Vine Wines. IMHO the best retailer in the business. I always do suggest though that if you have a local shop to support it if they are a decent shop.

Thanks fellas, I am having a glass of the amarone as i type. its taste good, but it has the slight kit tatste. I am going to put away 10 bottles for aging. I have another washington merlot coming. I wish i would have started this years ago. Living in California, homes do not come equipped with basements.

Why don't houses in California have basements? We don't have them here in South Louisiana as we would have indoor pools if we did as the water table where I live is like maybe 2-3 feet below the ground surface.

Not somehthng California builders do i guess.
Katrina was terrible. I cant imagine anyone having to shoulder something like that.

Latest posts

Back