Country fair Plumb

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lloyd

green grape
Reaction score
I bought country fair plumb 2 cans(48oz) and added (96oz) frozen plumbs for a 5 gal batch of wine and it tastes terribly watery. Any one else had any experience with this brand from E.C. Krauss?:s

No but I believe you need alot more plums by weight. Fruits that are light flavor tasting are going to need more than 5 -6 pounds per gallon.

I'm presuming thats volume, how many pounds do you think it was?

:s:s There concoction was very fluid in nature I probably had 3 pounds of pitted plumbs but they were small bush type and sour. A friend gave them to me asking for wine in return. But I would be ashamed to give them this wine I don't know if I can remake it and improve on it in any way.

I made plum wine last year and didn't use enough fruit per gallon (about 20lbs for 6 gal). It is still in the carboy so I am now going to experiment. I just bought some pure prune juice and am going to try and reduce to make a stronger f-pack. Hopefully it will give more of that plummy taste. If not, I have some very sweet blueberry that I might try doing some trial blends and see if that gives it some more body

Latest posts

Back