Country’s Wine Photos

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'04 Scuppernong after pressing out pulp and skins 4-13-05, 8 am

It tastes very good already! SG 1.002 @ 72*F

smiley4.gif

2005-04-13_072510_04_Scuppernong_after_pressing_4-13-05.JPG
Edited by: Country Wine

'04 Scuppernong after readding french oak cubes and adding White Labs WLP675 malolactic bacteria and topping up with 20 oz. of spring water -

smiley4.gif

2005-04-13_073155_04_Scuppernong_with_french_oak.JPG

This is the malolactic bacteria I speak of, from George, very nicely packaged -

smiley20.gif

2005-04-13_073338_White_Labs_WLP675_bacteria.JPG

Normally the oak cubes are added during the aging period; however, I don't see any reason why you could not add them during fermentation. I will be interested in your results. Edited by: geocorn

Simulates fermenting in a barrel, like Chardonnay, and others. Chips and cubes were added to must. Chips thrown out with the pulp and skins this morning.Edited by: Country Wine

Why you getting on me man?
smiley5.gif
I agree the spigots on your fermentersis the way to go and I ordered 4 from George today!

Looks great Country I would love to trade some wines with you and taste this Scuppernong!

Hey I am starting my 3rd country wine tommorrow...Frozen Strawberry using Jack Keller's recipe!
smiley36.gif

great looking wines there country. do you do kits also? i haveYET to make the leap into kits. the fruit wines are just so easy...and tasty! just an ole country boy, you know!

berry

You are right, Berry, fruit wine is easy. I haven't made a kit in a while, but it is just because I have had plenty of fruit in the freezer keeping me busy. I like alot of different wines from all over the world, so the kits appeal to me for varieties sake, and I plan to start back making a few soon. I like experimenting with fruit wines, as you can see. I learn from experimenting.

smiley20.gif

I just finished a bottle of the '03 Scuppernong. It has only been in the bottle a little over a month and has rested very well. The bouquet alone made my head tingle. It still has a slight young aftertaste, but very good with a floral/fruit finish and just a little off-dry. I am very happy with it.

smiley20.gif

'04 Red Muscadine, batch 1, 3 gallons

Was clear before I racked. I added 1.5 cups of sugar melted in 2 cups of wine on the stove. Tastes very good. Went ahead and sweetened up to a semi-sweet because of slightly inadequate body. I probably need to rack once more before coarse filtering.

smiley14.gif

2005-05-06_143954_04_Red_Muscadine,_batch_1,_3_gallons.JPG

OK, got the '04 Red Muscadine, batch 2 must ready. Same basic method as the '04 Scuppernong, except I will be using Lalvin 71B-1122 yeast, no chips, only 3 oz.house toast French oak cubes, no ML fermentation. Also, this batch is made with 8 pounds of Maui raw sugar. 2.25 gallons of spring water. Starting SG is only 1.082@78*F. That should be about right. Don't ask me how I turned that blue and underlined it.
smiley25.gif
I will call this batch, Maui Wowi Muscadine. How's that?

smiley2.gif

Here is 30 pounds of '04 black muscadines...

2005-05-11_081338_30_pounds_of_04_Muscadines.JPG

Nice looking pictures.

The 1.082@78*F. is blue and underlined due to the @ sign. The system thinks that is an email address!

BTW, thanks again for your help last night. My customer was really impressed with your knowledge. I know he will be back!

Great. Sent you an email with a link torecipes to go through. Call anytime.

smiley33.gif

BTW, your wife was extremely helpful. Please tell her "Thank You" from me.

Latest posts

Back