Couldn't Help Myself

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeepingchick

**Domestic Goddess**
Reaction score
ok...

we go into the city to one of DNWs friends house to pick up a lawn mower (DNW flips mowers...)

we walk up to the door, there is a teen boy on the porch that gives us a "oh man, OLD people" look....(the BRAT) turns his back on us and continues to talk on phone ...avedently this is the daughters boyfriend, what ever no biggie...

so we knock on the door...teenage girl child opens door...stares at us with a very blank look on her face, we ask her
" is (insert name here) home?"
she replies
"yes" ..stares at us...long pause...
then says "you want me to go get him??"
i reply
"NOPE was just checking" and turn to leave!!!
DNW swats me ...glares at me... and tells her "yes please"

avedtly sarcasm is lost on teenage girls cuz she never realized i was being sarcastic!!! LMAO!!!!!

omg had a great giggle over that!!!

I know where you are coming from, have a 16 year old granddaughter, it is hard to contain myself, I'm 72 years old and guess I am just outdated. what a shame we are so out of date, just a being smart as , anyway, we have to love them for what they are and is very difficult. Loren

I have a 13 year old daughter and luckily Ive trained my daughter to deal with my sarcasm and sense of humor.

I am a huge advocate of sarcasm. Most often I can do it in a believable way. My wife always tells me to stop it. I can't, it's too much fun.

Any of you remember "Mad Magazine's" Snappy answers to stupid questions. Issue 60, 1961 was their first appearance of spy vs. spy. That was my start.

picture.php

Last edited:
Okay, now I'm going to get a thought going in your head that will leave you totally baffled!!!

What are these kids today, kid's going to be like?

Are we seeing reverse evolution begining to start? A couple hundred million years in the future what was the last vestige of human life will crawl back into the ocean where it came from,,,,,

AND DROWN.

Okay, now I'm going to get a thought going in your head that will leave you totally baffled!!!

Are we seeing reverse evolution begining to start? A couple hundred million years in the future what was the last vestige of human life will crawl back into the ocean where it came from,,,,,

AND DROWN.

DEVO (which stands for De evolution) claimed that that was what's going on as we speak. The de evolution of man. I can't wait cause I think humans NEED longer arms.

You can't spank them, punish them harsly, yell at them, raise your hand, treat them cruely (you own child will sue you...........and win), if they are as dumb as a rock it's okay we will still promote them to the next grade.

They're room consists of (most likely) TV, DVR, Play station/x-box, iPod, and they all have a cell phone. I had to wait until I got home to call a friend, and hope he was there to answer.

They are playing football, soccer, cheerleading, baseball and are taught don't worry about it if you don't win, do your best. No longer a determination to strive to win and do it honestly.

Our clothes cost more than what the parents wear. Birthday party's are always at some big children's restaurant/fun house. We give graduation party's in schools for graduating 3rd grade.

Parents are no longer allowed to see grades of high schoolers and college attendees of legal age due to the privacy act. If I'm paying for it, I'm seeing it!

Schools have security guards and metal detectors at the entrances. So much as having a toy army guy gets you suspended if not expelled. Even if you are 6 years old. Nail clippers as well. Their a weapon!

etc. etc. etc.

What will the future bring? Currently if my grocery/store bill is $11.36 and I give the clerk a twenty and eleven cents they stare at me and tell me I gave them too much.:) Hey dumba$$! Even if you can't do it in your head if you put 20.11 in the register it will tell you the change. Many times I've walked away with more money, even after insisting they gave me too much, than I should have. Can only try so many times.

When this GREAT NATION :D was first founded the majority of folks were self employed while only a few worked for someone else as their job. Today it's reversed and many believe they are owed something. You get what you give. Working smart and hard, being honest and sincere mean something. Many of these people have lost their jobs but higher up in the company it's okay to still bring home millions in salaries.

I'm so happy for how I was taught, the experiences I have had, the family I have etc. The future is now a huge mystery.

I feel a lot of sarcasm is on the horizon. Hopefully nothing in my essay puts me in the corner. Wait, that could be ruled as excessive and irrational punishment.:):):)

Last edited:
They're room consists of (most likely) TV, DVR, Play station/x-box, iPod, and they all have a cell phone.

Parents are no longer allowed to see grades of high schoolers and college attendees of legal age due to the privacy act. If I'm paying for it, I'm seeing it!

Schools have security guards and metal detectors at the entrances. So much as having a toy army guy gets you suspended if not expelled. Even if you are 6 years old. Nail clippers as well. Their a weapon!

I'm so happy for how I was taught, the experiences I have had, the family I have etc.

I feel a lot of sarcasm is on the horizon. Hopefully nothing in my essay puts me in the corner. Wait, that could be ruled as excessive and irrational punishment.:):):)
lol, i had to add, my son has a small 13 inch tv and a 22rifle, a 12 and 20 g. shotgun and a bow, some deer heads and a squirrel, lol.
man, i wish they would go through with the school choice thing, but, no, in the mean time i pay my county taxes for the public school i will NOT use and pay tuition for a private school who has morals and rules i can live with, etc.

so sad...my hubby can remember the time when a new deer rifle was a proud fixture and even the principle came out to your truck to check it out!

i'm proud of my family given work ethic too steve! my 83 yr. old grandmother just retired a year ago. may i be as blessed as that!
rant, gonna be in the corner with steve, hahaha

nope , the corners mine!! find your own LMAO!!!!

and ya, my 8 year old has a tv and dvd player....but in my defence, when we PCSed here out tv (and other houshold goods) got help up and I WAS BORED!!! so we went out and bought a spare..and since i do not want one in MY bedroom, when the origanal TV got here, she got the new one LOL! (it was only a 13inch)

she is spoiled as hell and i will be the first to say it , but she EARNS it all. whatever i dont want to do i make her do LMAO! shes my little slave and i compensate her LOL! she never complains tho , she knows shes got it good! but she at 8 gets sarcasm and will dish it out just as fast as me ...God help her teachers!

Both of my kids(13 &6) have a tv, dvd, computer, stereo, and ac in their rooms. When I was a kid all I had was a stereo and a 8" fan that had to be right in your face just so you could even think abou sleeping on those hot nights. In my defense if they werent on the upper floor in our house they wouldnt have ac in their rooms but it gets like over 100 sometimes and usually about 92 up there on most summer days. The thermo only goes to 99 up there but last monday when it was 103 here the thermo just read HI!

When I was a kid I had three brothers in my room!
And for the longest time,,, one was in my bed!
Oh, that's right, he was older.
I was in HIS bed.

Back