Cottonwood Arizona Observations (so far)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think so, they also took 3 or 4 tries on a lot of the screws holding up the cabinets, guess they didn't have stud finders back then. At least the holes allowed me to see where the 220 wire was and where it heads up to the ceiling. Will post progress pics as it progresses.

Sounds like you like the retirement plan have fun ,be safe give me your address and I'll send you a couple of bottles of wine for final move in day

Let me know when the move in date is and I'll send you some vino for the house opening

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking of taking a trip to St. George area next spring,
You never know what can happen on a road trip.

So now that we’ve lived here a little while I have to say that our assumption that the small town life would be just fine seems to be pretty accurate.

I have lived in many small towns. And from that experience I can say it take between 3 to 5 years to really know the place. To really learn small town people, politics, gossip, etc. That all takes time to experience. That is, unless you live in a bubble, Which some people do, for a long time (or forever). And bubbles are fine. I like my personal bubble. It is huge. But bubbles should not be confused with local reality. Just saying. :)

Last edited:
Thought it was time for a little update pic. While still not quite finished the kitchen is very close now. Fridge and Dishwasher were delivered yesterday so I can finish screwing and setting the cabinet for the Wall oven and fridge in place tomorrow as well as adding the grey panel across the back of the cabinets that make up the peninsula. Flooring is supposed to deliver tomorrow and install is scheduled to start Wed. Thursday they measure for the countertop and install the following Wed. Pictures of the kitchen as of yesterday and one of the two slabs for the countertop.
KitchenUpdate.jpg FantasyBrown.png

We ended up buying from the RTA store. Saved a bunch of money but spent about 5 days assembling and hanging them ourselves. Total was around 5,700.00 and they arrived in about 7 days. Seem pretty comparable to mid grade home depot American Mark Cabinets in quality.

LOL I hear you. We have been looking around at cabinet makers for some time. IKEA as well as CliqStudios. You can save some big bucks over the Big Box stores but you do have "some assembly required" usually......

I'm pretty sure you're right on that Paul. It seems RTA is more of a rep that helps layout your design then pull stock cabinets from warehouses throughout the states. There's also a company called wholesale cabinets that seemed comparable in cost and services.

Paul,
I've been considering trying a carbon steel pan. My understanding is they take the same care as cast iron and become as stick resistant also over time. What's the advantage, quicker reaction to heat or being lighter?

Latest posts

Back