Cotton Candy Grapes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, this may be like Iron Chef with leftover grapes. My wife and I buy a couple bags every time we go to the store and find the Cotton Candy Grapes. They are delicious. When we neglect them for too long I de stem them, wash and freeze them to put in glasses of wine like ice cubes when we drink on the patio. They don't water down your wine! However I have found that we have a lot of frozen grapes we have forgotten about in the freezer.
You think i can ferment them and back sweeten them with Cotton Candy?
I may try a gallon and see what happens.
Just seeing if anyone has ever fermented Cotton Candy Grapes.

Buying enough to make wine would be damn expensive. They aren’t cheap!
These were mentioned before In a post asking about cotton candy wine. I think the costs/availability didn’t allow the option tho. - but since u already have em go for it!
Backsweetening with cotton candy is risky tho. Lots of other junk in it that can have a negative impact. Gotta find one suitable for wine.

I'd be really interested to know how a gallon comes out. Like you said, treat it like a fruit wine and see what you get. Fermentation is transformative, and you just never know what flavors are going to stick around and what is going to get changed into something else (good or bad).

Latest posts

Back