Costco wine kit - a waste of time??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Costco Canada only carries the Argentia Ridge Amarone. Made this kit last year, and it's been in bulk storage for the last year. I fermented the kit on the pressed grapes skins from a wine I made last fall. Just checked the wine over the Holidays and it is progressing nicely. I will likely bottle sometime in the spring or summer, and will have a great wine to enjoy!

They do! They recently increased their selection to have numerous styles. Although, many seem to be 2x7L kits (makes 60 bottles). So not a quality kit.

But I tried the Argentia Ridge Amarone. It's a 23L kit I fermented on some pressed skins from a wine I made last fall. The Amarone has been in carboy for about 15 months, and it's a decent wine! Once I have it in bottle and it ages a little more, I will put a more comprehensive review on here for everyone! Or the Canadians at least..... :)

Only in Canada, not in the US.
Well, not a problem since I'm near the border and have a NEXUS pass, so shopping excursions into Canada are ne big deal (I went up there just to buy a microwave not long ago). But it sounds like it's not worth it, from others' experiences with Costco kits. :(

On the other hand, Mosti Mondiale juice and kits are easier for me to pick up direct in Canada (vs shipping from one of their 2 USA distributors) and sound like they WOULD be worth the trip.

My first kit was a Mosti Mondiale AllJuice Nero D'Avola. Being my first kit, I did not let it age and have been drinking a bottle about every couple of weeks. I really like it and will buy the same one again. Even though, with shipping all the way to Arizona, it ends up costing right around $200. Still under $7 / bottle and very much worth it.

I have posted a few Mosti Mondiale Alljuice kits for sale on ebay for $99 plus shipping as well as some of the Vinifera Noble and Renaisance kits. I'm in Texas so the shipping to AZ should be feasible.

I have posted a few Mosti Mondiale Alljuice kits for sale on ebay for $99 plus shipping as well as some of the Vinifera Noble and Renaisance kits. I'm in Texas so the shipping to AZ should be feasible.
$131 shipping to me. :(

Wow! I think Ebay's shipping calculator is inaccurate. What is your zip code there. I want to see what the actual cost would be.

Wow! I think Ebay's shipping calculator is inaccurate. What is your zip code there. I want to see what the actual cost would be.

Yeah, that calculator is being very generous to someone. I am in Missouri, near St. Louis, 63376 and it says $78 for a bucket.

Just for fun, I did a delivery to my Bonus son's address in McKinney, TX 75070 and it says $59. what is that about 20 minutes away?

Last edited:
05443 but don't waste time except for academic reasons. I don't think any of the varieties you're selling would be a good match for me anyhow. :)

It says $90 to ship to Tucson, Arizona 85748. That is almost as much as the shipping from Canada. Any chance you will get the Nero D'Avola Alljuice?

Costco Canada only carries the Argentia Ridge Amarone. Made this kit last year, and it's been in bulk storage for the last year. I fermented the kit on the pressed grapes skins from a wine I made last fall. Just checked the wine over the Holidays and it is progressing nicely. I will likely bottle sometime in the spring or summer, and will have a great wine to enjoy!
I made a batch of the Argentia Ridge Amarone 20 months ago and the product is just so-so. It's better now than a year ago but far from what I expected. I've had way better results with the bargain priced Cellar Master Cab Sauv and Gewurtztraminer (60 bottle kits) with a couple tweaks. Instead of making 60 bottles, I aim for 48-50 bottles by making two batches in 19 litre rather than 23 litre carboys. Add wine skins or dark raisins for added color and depth.

Latest posts

Back