Corrados wine competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not this year , did last time hard for a kit maker in this competition.

I live most of the week upstate NY so too far to travel for the event.. but I might check and see if I have a fruit wine that I think has any chance

I wonder why they added a kit category. I suppose it is, they are afraid that a kit might score higher than one from grapes and I say so what.

Pretty sure that’s exactly what it is. I’ve heard this exact thing happening in other contests as well. And the grape wine category supporters claiming a disadvantage after kits beat out grapes for best in show. (Heard 2nd hand at my LHBS)

They added the kit category several years ago. My friends and I that went entered some of our wines in that category and they never announced the winners that night. It seems they don't think it's real wine! Now I enter my wines in the regular categories! I will be there again this year.

They added the kit category several years ago. My friends and I that went entered some of our wines in that category and they never announced the winners that night. It seems they don't think it's real wine! Now I enter my wines in the regular categories! I will be there again this year.
In our state fair you have to write if the wine is Grape and what kind or you have to write concentrate meaning Kit. I don’t think any of the concentrates come in 1st place.

Latest posts

Back