Corona Virus & Day to Day

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This kind of irresponsibility is making this hard to fight, for sure. I don't get it. I know when my daughter suspected her kids had been exposed (and then of course her, indirectly) she made everyone stay home and play alone in the yard. They even canceled camping trips. That's what you gotta do, it's called being a responsible adult parent. No fun, but sometimes you gotta make some harder decisions. Oh well. I suppose this to shall pass.

Yep. We have the joyful duty of informing the kids that not only can they not attend sporting events this weekend, but the social activities they had planned will have to be missed as well. Likely the same for all of next week. We were supposed to meet some friends at a brewery (w/ lots of outdoor space) on Saturday and now have to skip that. In addition, my scheduled vaccination for tomorrow is now at risk. Going for a rapid test later. Ugh!

There were no after effects from first Pfizer injection. The main problem was the procedure. No, the nurses were aces, it was the patient who was the problem. I have had severe needle phobia (Trypanophobia) for a number of years. The nurse rolled her eyes when I sat down and told her I had rules. "Please don't show me what is going on and don't talk about it". She sticks me and then sez, "Wow, do you always get a big welt when you get shot?" I looked at her with big eyes and said through my mask, "I don't know, I haven't had a shot in like 10/15 years!" She then puts band aid on and tells me to go sit in the special observation area. Not in the next room with everyone else, but 5 feet away from where they are administering injections. Texting my wife about the progress, the nurse stops by every couple of minutes to ask if I'm doing OK. I looked at her and said, "I think your violating the rule about talking about it". Managed to not hyperventilate and escaped after 15 minutes.

Got second Pfizer last night. No drama this time. Dragging a little this morning. Could also have been the celebratory wine consumption.

And then in the WTF department, I read about this, "Pfizer unveils its oral SARS-CoV-2 inhibitor"

We are sooo close in my household. All four of us have had two Pfizer shots and my wife and I will pass the 14 day incubation period this weekend. We may go out and eat food not prepared in our home for the first time in over a year. There's a local vineyard/winery we like to support that has a pretty darn good restaurant attached to it. It's the last place we went before the pandemic hit so fitting.

Got my second shot last Saturday. Wasn't sick, sore or have a headache and my appetite was fine I was just exhausted on Sunday and cat napped most of the day. However I was out of town with work the prior Thursday and Friday and Saturday was pretty much spent on work as well so it could have been the cause. Woke up Monday morning as if nothing had happened.

A NYT's article detailed the % of people in the trials who had what after effects from Pfizer & Moderna vaccines for both 1st & 2nd shots. Both vaccines have a majority of those getting a 2nd shot having after effects. Yes-it's commonplace to have 2nd shot after effects, the majority do.
It's not an indication of ones poor health, or being an issue for most people other than that after effects can be nasty after the 2nd shot. Percentages run from 52% to 80% for those vaccines but not lasting effects that I'm talking about, these go away.
Mine were nasty! We both had our 1st with only sore arms from Moderna. 2nd shot my wife had minor fever and not much else.
The next day, I had a serious fever, sore body joints all over and extremely lethargic, bad overall feelings plus a headache-which I never have headaches, ever. It lasted ~ 36 hours for me, less for her.
Beats being dead or in an ICU.

That was the same for us. Last thursday was our second, on friday I was really feeling no effects, I had 4 beers down in the winery and was just wiped out. Headed up and had to take Lori's ribbing about looking like I'd been pounding them for hours. I pretty much called it an evening by 8:30 Fri, Sat AND Sun. No other side effects at all though.

Glad it went well for you Jim and Fred too.

That was the same for us. Last thursday was our second, on friday I was really feeling no effects, I had 4 beers down in the winery and was just wiped out. Headed up and had to take Lori's ribbing about looking like I'd been pounding them for hours. I pretty much called it an evening by 8:30 Fri, Sat AND Sun. No other side effects at all though.

Glad it went well for you Jim and Fred too.

Good to hear. I really wanted to open a big, fat, red wine to go w/ dinner, but decided to play it safe. Perhaps tomorrow...

Good to hear. I really wanted to open a big, fat, red wine to go w/ dinner, but decided to play it safe. Perhaps tomorrow...
Jim, which "flavor" of shot did they offer? I get my 2nd Pfizer shot tomorrow. My boss had no reaction, but then he had covid back in December, LOL.

When I went for shot #1, one nurse said no alcohol, and they stopped me from dropping out of line (I didn't sign up for that kind of suffering). The second nurse who administered the vaccination said "whoowee", just drink in moderation. I asked back, compared to normal, she said yes, so I kept it under a 12 pack for the evening...

Jim, which "flavor" of shot did they offer? I get my 2nd Pfizer shot tomorrow. My boss had no reaction, but then he had covid back in December, LOL.

When I went for shot #1, one nurse said no alcohol, and they stopped me from dropping out of line (I didn't sign up for that kind of suffering). The second nurse who administered the vaccination said "whoowee", just drink in moderation. I asked back, compared to normal, she said yes, so I kept it under a 12 pack for the evening...

Pfizer. My shot was at 10am. By noon, I was feeling kinda tired. Got a second wind and powered through the rest of the work day, but by 5, was feeling tired, warm and very sleepy. I slept for about an hour. Got dinner done and have been laying low since. Just a little tired and achy now.

Pfizer. My shot was at 10am. By noon, I was feeling kinda tired. Got a second wind and powered through the rest of the work day, but by 5, was feeling tired, warm and very sleepy. I slept for about an hour. Got dinner done and have been laying low since. Just a little tired and achy now.
Mine's at 11:20 am this morning. Might find something to put in the crockpot for this evening since I normally feel tired, warm and sleepy by 5 pm, LOL. Slept in until 6 this morning verses the normal 4:30 am, hopefully that helps a little.

Mine's at 11:20 am this morning. Might find something to put in the crockpot for this evening since I normally feel tired, warm and sleepy by 5 pm, LOL. Slept in until 6 this morning verses the normal 4:30 am, hopefully that helps a little.

Between the body aches, high winds, and a malfunctioning alarm system at 12:30am, I didn't get much sleep last night. Looking forward to napping. For now, coffee.

Latest posts

Back