Corona Virus & Day to Day

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is your State doing? NM created an online web portal from the get go. No calling around, no searching for a site that has shots every day. Just signup, enter your DOB, and any underlying conditions and wait for an email or TXT for your event code to get your vaccine.

View attachment 72952

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...9DLGl7czRw7YqNYaJlPuMiZm4XdNGR9MOkC_RQ2CA7WLc
NH is doing great. The governor replaced the federal CDC scheduling site with a NH developed site that's so much easier to use. Right now anyone 50 and over can schedule. In a couple of days it's opening up to anyone 30 and older.

MN just opened up to everyone 16 and older yesterday. Sometimes tough to find appointments - there is a state website to register to get an appointment and I know some people who have gotten it that way. My county is holding clinics and I was able to sign up a few weeks ago to get mine, instead of waiting for my health care provider or the state to let me know when an appointment is available. I know of people who are getting them at Walmart and other pharmacies, but you have to be on the ball and know when they update the appointments when they know what their vaccine supply for the week will be. The appointments go very quickly! (I keep an eye out on availability because my brother is now eligible and he's looking, as are some friends and coworkers.)

I'm not sure exactly how people are prioritized. My dad is 83 and my mother in law is 80. They both are with the same health care organization (but go to different locations for their health care needs). My mother in law had her 2nd shot before my dad was even contacted to get his first. (He just got his second last week. Yay!) But given the massive challenges for this vaccine effort, I'm amazed at how quickly and well the rollout is going.

I got my second Pfizer shot Tuesday morning. Had a slight fever at 8:30pm, 103.4 by 4:00 am. Yesterday was spent in my chair under a blanket, feeling like I'd been run over by a herd of elephants in the Sahara at high noon. Fever broke during the night and i felt well enough to go in to the office. My wife and her 88-yo mom got their's Tuesday afternoon, only had sore shoulders.

Got my second Moderna shot yesterday and I feel fine. Not sure if that is a good sign or not. Not so good if it suggests that my body's response to the second jab did not recognize what was in the first shot... But fine if your body may or may not respond AS IF you are infected when you get the second shot.

Did they inject you in the Delta-oid muscle? Did it make you Moen? :)

Congrats, Fred!

Clever as usual Paul! No it was just an American Standard shot and pretty Peerless. Although waiting inline outside it was a little Kohler than I would have liked.

of course I get a teatnus shot right before April 1 when I am eligible for the damn Covid shot. Doctor says I have to wait 2 weeks

I did the same. Cannot kick myself enough. Counting down to later this coming week when I'm eligible again.

Well, we said 'screw it' and went to Williamsburg yesterday to enjoy Busch Gardens for Friday and Saturday. First night in a hotel and first day in an amusement park since 2019. The park is operating at limited capacity, but sadly, is staffed as such as well. Certainly got our fix of walking around, taking in the park and getting a few rides, but not as many as we would want (always the case though). Still, an enjoyable 40 hours or so out of the house. Stay tuned to see if we're all coughing up a lung in a few days. A pic from lunch today. Beer and a chaser, COVID style. Bells Two Hearted and some hand sanitizer.

1617502779341.jpeg

Got my second Moderna shot yesterday and I feel fine. Not sure if that is a good sign or not. Not so good if it suggests that my body's response to the second jab did not recognize what was in the first shot... But fine if your body may or may not respond AS IF you are infected when you get the second shot.

I am hearing reports now (anecdotal so far) that a strong reaction more often than not tends to occur in people who got COVID; i don't think it is a sign one way or another as to its efficacy

Venting in frustration - we are so close to being out of the woods, and now are seeing setbacks. My son plays on 2 baseball teams - one travel team and one 'house' team. The two organizations are affiliated. Every game so far this season has been rained out. We are back from a short Easter break and had a practice on Monday and a house game tonight. I dropped my son off an hour ahead for warmups and batting practice. 20 minutes later, he's calling me saying I have to pick him up and he can't play tonight. Turns out a kid on his travel team (that had practice on Monday night) tested positive last night. No further decisions at this point, but obviously he isn't playing tonight. He most likely won't be able to play on Saturday, and the entire travel team will probably miss the double header scheduled for Sunday. Could be out next week too. The poor kid is heartbroken. We got through all spring/summer and fall seasons without a single case in these leagues. On the bright side, I get shot #1 Friday morning if I don't come down with COVID by then. 😬

Last edited:
This. We gotta just hang on a bit longer!

So, news got worse. Turns out his teammate didn't test positive, but the teammate's sibling had symptoms on Monday and went for a test. Subsequently, said teammate was brought to practice Monday night. Teammate's sibling's test came back positive today. Teammate started showing symptoms yesterday and got tested today. Irresponsible parents! Ugh!

Hope the kids are wearing mask (properly) at all times!

For the longest time (like 6 mo) last year our highest rates of infection were not in the usual 20-29 age bracket but the 10-19 age bracket. It was like parents didn't seem to care if their kids were out playing with their friends cause they are immune to the virus and if they do get it there won't be much consequence. Well then we started seeing a spike in the 30-39 age bracket as the kids were then spreading it to their parents.........

On one quick trip to Smiths a few months back I counted 12 kids out and about playing with friends and not a single one had a mask on!

So, news got worse. Turns out his teammate didn't test positive, but the teammate's sibling had symptoms on Monday and went for a test. Subsequently, said teammate was brought to practice Monday night. Teammate's sibling's test came back positive today. Teammate started showing symptoms yesterday and got tested today. Irresponsible parents! Ugh!

This kind of irresponsibility is making this hard to fight, for sure. I don't get it. I know when my daughter suspected her kids had been exposed (and then of course her, indirectly) she made everyone stay home and play alone in the yard. They even canceled camping trips. That's what you gotta do, it's called being a responsible adult parent. No fun, but sometimes you gotta make some harder decisions. Oh well. I suppose this to shall pass.

Latest posts

Back