Corona Virus & Day to Day

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would still go for the Pfizer or Moderna (if you have a choice). I got Pfizer back in late December. Their efficacy data is far better (even 14 days after 1st shot). Also, Pfizer and Moderna efficacy is based on "any symptoms". The J&J efficacy was based on moderate to severe disease. That is more apples to oranges when comparing efficacy rates. If you have a choice great, most places don't give a choice.

Got the first shot of Moderna on 2/14 and I was a mess for a week and a half with chills, fever, joint pain, headache, and fatigue. My injection site was hot, rashy, swollen, and discolored, and still is discolored nearly a month later. Still better than dead. ;)

Everyone is all over the place with reactions. My husband got the Pfizer and was fatigued and achy four days after the first shot. His arm was sore for a couple days. After the second shot, he woke up three days later miserable with body aches. He was pretty much better the next day. Our youngest son just got the first of the Moderna and his arm was sore for two days and he kept waking up drenched in sweat. I got the first shot of the Pfizer on Tuesday and my arm hurt a tiny bit Tuesday night. I might have been a little fatigued Wednesday night but so far nothing else.

All in all much better than sick or worse. Just as my husband was going to take his first shot we heard that an classmate of his had died with COVID the day before.

I got my Johnson & Johnson shot. So far so good. A sore arm and just a little fatigue for only one day and now I feel great.

Comparing efficacy for this vaccine to the others is really apples and oranges. They were tested under very different conditions with different strains of the virus out and about. For hospitalizations and deaths, it is equal to the others. Frankly, I took the first one I could get and I'm glad I did.

I got my Johnson & Johnson shot. So far so good. A sore arm and just a little fatigue for only one day and now I feel great.

Comparing efficacy for this vaccine to the others is really apples and oranges. They were tested under very different conditions with different strains of the virus out and about. For hospitalizations and deaths, it is equal to the others. Frankly, I took the first one I could get and I'm glad I did.

I got a Pfizer/BioNTech, but I absolutely agree with you: The vaccine I recommend is the one that is offered to you! :)

I sure did not shop around. Moderna was the first to be easily accessible and my wife and I jumped on it. My wife had minor reactions on the second shot. I had none on either. A friend said if you don't have a reaction, it isn't working - I say that it just means my immune system is working well. Now mind you, I am not a doctor - but I have made some wine. That is proof enough that I am a pretty smart dude. Huh?

IA friend said if you don't have a reaction, it isn't working - I say that it just means my immune system is working well.
Like everything else in this pandemic; nobody knows anything for certain. Don't sweat it; do your part: wear a mask properly; get in line for your jab - don't be silly and say "I don't want to jump the line" or "I could get one but I want to wait for my spouse" (Both from clergy members, by the way.) Everyone needs the vaccine and the faster we get it in arms the sooner we can knock it back.

My wife and I got our first shot 10 days ago. Second shot is scheduled for the end of the month. We received the Moderna vaccine. We both just had a sore arm for about 48 hours.
on the debate about which vaccine to get. Let me tell you what my son said who is a scientist with a major pharmaceutical company. He said “ Get the first vaccine that you’re able to. Then you know you won’t die.”
Bakervinyard

The doctor told me that the reaction will be worse if you have already had covid. I know of one person that had it last year, and this year got moderately sick when she got the second (Moderna) shot. I'm waiting for my second in a few days.

Latest posts

Back