Corona Virus & Day to Day

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a couple bottles in fridge myself. I wont start taking it myself till I really need it. Never harmed any of my animals though.
I have not seen a Dr. since leaving the military in 2003. During those 20 years I had enough medicine to last a couple lifetimes. I would rather get old and die at home with family. Nice to live where "when" I still have a choice about that. It is good to see all the old folks around here that wanted those vaccines get them. N.Florida and S.Georgia has been on the ball.

I listened to sen Johnson’s hearing on Fox live. My biggest memory was Johnson yelling at a fellow senator for being a liar and after that Johnson asked all the questions, no other Republicans or Democrats were still there.
WOW could not believe this is not commonly known. Seems the senate knows though.
Dr Kory Ivermectin
COVID 19 Doctors Speak Out: Dr Kory -
I have reviewed journal publications and had a time deadline. If the article Dr Kory refers to passed the review it would be done by now and should be available on line. If the several reviewers found that the article was missing data or jumped to conclusions the article would be sent back so Dr Kory could fix it.
On my part, I trust the scientific method. The key to scientific method is “can the model drug/ theory be reproduced over and over?” or is there some artifact in the test which was actually more important to the observed outcome?
The rich parts of the planet are doing a vaccine as fast as the vaccine is available so “we” should be out of this this year. Poorer parts of the planet are predicted to take till 2023 to get out of the pandemic, ,,, so if ivermectin works (95%, or 75%, or 50%, or 1%) we will find out.

Just got my first shot Monday, go back in march for the second. process was spot on well controlled by the National guards had a 9:45 approximant and was out by 10;45. we'll see if there any after effects.

WOw, the Covid 19 Booster shot is not for sissies......
That is all.

But, please everyone, don't let @ibglowin 's report here, even stated in jest, keep you from getting your vaccine. I've had both shots too, and didn't think it was bad at all. 2nd shot had 24 hours of a mildly sore arm. Not even enough to alter my day's activities at all.

Please get vaccinated as soon as you can, when your turn comes.

Here in Australia they're only just starting the vaccine rollout to frontline workers etc. But we've been EXTREMELY lucky with keeping the virus at bay (well, a combination of luck and good public policy) .. only a few sporadic cases in recent months of it getting out into the community. I think at the moment there are 0 community cases, with the only infections being people in medi-hotel quarantine who have come into the country from abroad. Daily life is pretty much normal (save for a few concessions like signing in when visiting somewhere, to aid contact tracing) - restaurants, bars, sporting events etc all good.

I would rather have the flu for 24-36 hours than be on a Vent or worse. I haven't seen my 86YO mom in assisted living for 14 months or my oldest daughter in San Antonio for that matter.

Got my second dose yesterday morning. Started running a fever, chills, headache, body ache around 4AM. Even with Tylenol fever has slowly crept up all day today. Now up to 100.7 which is not terrible.

The booster shingles shot I got last summer did me in worse actually. Much more chills and a fever over 101 for ~24 hours and just didn't feel right for about a week.

As a 62YO Male with a few underlying conditions there is no way I would not get the vaccine. I will take my chances with it over the real virus any day of the week.

I got the Moderna version which they say has a bit more side effects as it has a little higher dosage of mRNA in each syringe.

YMMV.

Had two shots over the Christmas period. No problems at all, neither me nor my wife. Some people seem to be affected, but I think that their body is just doing it's job. Stay safe people!

I've had my first shot of Pfizer/BioNTech last Wed. :db No reaction to speak of, just a small amount of soreness at the injection site. (Of course, this was only the first shot!)

Latest posts

Back