Corona Virus & Day to Day

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably night a good time to light up (anything) since CV likes to attack the lungs.

Go for the edibles though. If anything you'll sleep a little better!

Probably night a good time to light up (anything) since CV likes to attack the lungs.

Go for the edibles though. If anything you'll sleep a little better!
Now have you tried those? If I act kooky enough I can get a prescription for that in our state. I'd love to sleep better, but I can only imagine the after effects the next morning. I think I'll stick to my morning walk regiment, LOL, seems to be working so far.

I just came across this statement (really, a series of tweets) from the governor of Mississippi, (Tate Reeves, R). I think this was well said:

"
1) "Let's talk about herd immunity. I've listened to some people argue that the rapid spread of cases is a good thing, and we need to reach herd immunity in Mississippi and elsewhere to survive. I'm not a health care expert by any means, but I am a math guy. And I have thoughts:"
2) "The experts say we need 70-80% of the population to get COVID-19 to achieve herd immunity. Let's assume they're wrong (it's certainly possible, they have been before.) Let's assume they're being way overly cautious and we actually only need 40% infection for herd immunity."
3) "In Mississippi, our population is 3 million. We've had 36,680 cases so far. We'd need 1.2 MILLION infections to achieve that hypothetical 40% threshold. (Remember, experts say it's double that.)"
4) "Over the last two weeks, our hospital system has started to become stressed to the point of pain. We are seeing the early signs and effects of it becoming overwhelmed. We had to suspend elective surgeries again."
5) "On our worst day of new cases, we had just over 1,000. It has typically been between 700-900 during this most aggressive time. To get to 40% infections, we'd need 3,187 new cases every day for a full year from today. We would need to TRIPLE our worst day -- every day -- for a year."
6) "I'm not one of these guys that immediately dismisses any idea that challenges the expert status quo talking points. I'm pretty skeptical by nature. That's healthy. But herd immunity is not anything like a realistic solution in the short or mid-term. I wish it was."
7) "Unless you're willing to go without hospitals after a car wreck or heart attack, we need a different approach. Right now, despite mixed messages at the beginning, it seems like masks are the best bet. They're a hell of a lot better than widespread shut downs. Please wear one!"
"

My guess is that drugs that activate T-cell responses will be an important part of the solution.
On last night's news there was a blurb about the Oxford vaccine having a T-cell response and potentially lasting years. I think Moderna did say theirs kicks up a much higher anti-body response than recovered patients show so should last longer, but it sounds like it could be two shots a month apart to get to a year's level of protection with theirs. Also injection reactions seem higher than normal. Going to be interesting to see what vaccines become available, and when, and where and if we have to go out and start making 'informed decisions' on which one we ultimately get?

Which do you prefer:

02-cocktail-masks-are-now-a-thing-b.jpg

gallery-1486676904-wine-face-mask-glass.png

The girl. 🤣

yesterday we got word down the line that heating and air conditioning plants down on the border are closing down and that shipments of parts for hvac industry coming from Japan,china and the like are shutting down which means if your in need of a furnace or heat pump don't wait I'm already waiting for a customer 2 weeks for a heat pump condenser, in 32 years of doing this,,this is a first.

I don't like wearing pants. I would prefer the freedom to go buck naked if I wished. Yet somehow, society has mandated that I need to wear pants every damn time I go out in public, or face legal consequences. It seems like it has always been this way.
Mask protect my lungs, just like pants protect my eyes

I have been trying to find apple cider vinegar in my local store to cook with for weeks. Anyone else noticing the same?

Back in March/April it was hard to come by. But it's been readily available here since.

yesterday we got word down the line that heating and air conditioning plants down on the border are closing down and that shipments of parts for hvac industry coming from Japan,china and the like are shutting down which means if your in need of a furnace or heat pump don't wait I'm already waiting for a customer 2 weeks for a heat pump condenser, in 32 years of doing this,,this is a first.

Thanks for the heads up. We are due for our 'summer inspection' but have been holding off due to COVID and my lack of employment. Hoping the latter will be remedied soon and that is high on the list of things to do the moment I've got an offer in hand.

Latest posts

Back