Corona Virus & Day to Day

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice, even this has a problem, I'm going to brunch today. Happy father's day all.

Just by testing for body temperature doesn't mean C19. There could be a dozen reasons why, I just say,in.

Those numbers are for confirmed Covid cases, not fevers.

With all the. Protest that are out there how many of them have contacted C19.

I agree that protests and rallies are potentially dangerous. At least most of these have been outdoors, and, at least in my area, people typically wear masks.

FDA advises consumers not to use hand sanitizer products manufactured by Eskbiochem due to the potential presence of methanol (wood alcohol), a substance that can be toxic when absorbed through the skin or ingested.
  • All-Clean Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-002-01)
  • Esk Biochem Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-007-01)
  • CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 75% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-008-04)
  • Lavar 70 Gel Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-006-01)
  • The Good Gel Antibacterial Gel Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-010-10)
  • CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 80% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-005-03)
  • CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 75% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-009-01)
  • CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 80% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-003-01)
  • Saniderm Advanced Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-001-01)

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safe...nd-sanitizer-products-manufactured-eskbiochem
Zebra, Thanks for the update.......................good to know!.....................Dizzy

Well, we seem to be holding steady here in Virginia - well into Phase 2 and about to enter Phase 3. Despite the loosening, a lot of people here are still living 'pandemically'. We had an average of 927 new cases per day in the month of May. In June, that was 606 - the last two weeks averaged 527/day. Hoping it continues and the hot spots in other parts of the country can start to cool down.

Well, we seem to be holding steady here in Virginia - well into Phase 2 and about to enter Phase 3. Despite the loosening, a lot of people here are still living 'pandemically'. We had an average of 927 new cases per day in the month of May. In June, that was 606 - the last two weeks averaged 527/day. Hoping it continues and the hot spots in other parts of the country can start to cool down.

Glad to hear that about VA. Meanwhile, about those hotspots....

coronavirus uptick4.jpeg

Your graph seems to be missing a State! I would like to add it as a fine example of what happens when you don't believe in science......

Edit: The Black counties are currently "winning" the race.

Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 10.23.28 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-30 at 10.22.54 AM.png

Glad to hear that about VA. Meanwhile, about those hotspots....

Oh, and we've already been notified that a 100% in-school scenario is NOT an option for the coming school year. We can either opt to have our kids 100% on line, or in-school two days a week, with the remainder at home. Understandable, but there are a lot of working parents up in arms. And apparently large groups of teachers who want no in-school education at all. It's going to be interesting watching this play out. Our kids are split - one really wants to be in school and the other is happy on line.

Oh, and we've already been notified that a 100% in-school scenario is NOT an option for the coming school year. We can either opt to have our kids 100% on line, or in-school two days a week, with the remainder at home. Understandable, but there are a lot of working parents up in arms. And apparently large groups of teachers who want no in-school education at all. It's going to be interesting watching this play out. Our kids are split - one really wants to be in school and the other is happy on line.
Our school board just came up with three options (at least). The main one that I think they will go for is two days a week with in school classes, staggering half the students between their two days a week. I think they are more worried about the close proximity on the buses to and from school.

As with your boys, our two who are still in school are split. My son is very good at the online thing and actually raised his grades higher at home (he's a brainiac, not sure who his parents are, he's smarter than my wife and I combined), my daughter needs the hands on and show me type of instruction.

Even my county has now had 2 deaths. Over 40 cases have been identified.
I moved out into the country to get away from these kind of things but people still go into the big cities for work or even weekend partying.
Ill have to continue to remain on the farm I suppose.

Have no fear it will find you , don't feel left out.🤔.
On the other hand , don't believe all you see or hear take it for what it's worth , believe what concerns you , enjoy a good glass of wine.
We can't stop what my or may not happen and the movement of others we can only control our own actions.And what we do our selves. Nothing more.

True words... With an average age of 75 for c-19 deaths and mostly pre-existing conditions, I'm not too worried about it. Still don't want it.
I have been able to get a LOT done over the last few months that have been put off too long. Now this doggone web-site has me wanting to do a bunch of wines I never thought of. Don't know what I'm gonna do with all of the wine I plan on making.

AZ gov. Ducey held a conference yesterday basically closing down many of the "gatherings" type businesses where an awful lot of people seemed to be in full denial that a pandemic existed. He still refuses to mandate masks in public though. A really sad and telling poll was run and the next morning results from over 30,000 Arizonians had over 70% of responses disagreeing with the govener's decision to slow things back down. Hope we can come around to follow whatever it is that states like Virginia have done or it's going to be a long long summer.

Haven't heard that one yet but then again I don't follow it since mine are all older.

Haven't heard that one yet but then again I don't follow it since mine are all older.

It's interesting. Both options will be available (all at home, or 2 days/week in school). We have to register by 7/10 to indicate which option we want. From there, the schools will figure out how to staff accordingly and figure out lesson plans.

Fascinating how those two curves are almost identical for their first 60-75 days, with the US, just trailing by two weeks. It all changed after that.

Back