Corona Virus & Day to Day

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something new comes my way, yesterday on the way from a service call I noticed at least 10 state trooper cars traveling at high speeds on this major highway, when I got home my lady said people were throwing bricks from the over passes, and had caused 2 accidents already , now I know why the trooper'severywhere.
So this brings to a saying ,"never let a good crises go to waste".
On a lighter note I finally got a haircut appointment. Will wonders never ceases".
But not till July 3rd??¿

Last edited:
I have been amazed at some of the things which get posted here on WMT.
THANKS, a great article.
Attached is a meta analysis study on the use of face masks. A meta analysis study is a study that reviews all previously studies and outcomes. It is used to determine the common outcomes of all the various studies. Single studies can be skewed by single institution,

My bonus son and daughter had to replace a fridge last month, the one they had just died. Big box stores said 3 to 6 weeks and they wouldn't give them a definitive time. They ended up going to the local scratch and dent selling place, got a slightly smaller fridge, with a minor scratch on the back for a very good price, delivered the next day. Might be a place for you to look.
The local dealer who has been here for 50 years still had 18’s, ,,, and only 150 more than the apartment variety.

Arizona relaxed restrictions over the last couple of weeks and based on the lack of masks we see when we go out now I guess a lot of people think that means the pandemic is over. Well, shock of all shocks..... back to work on my Bunker.... I mean Winery.......:m
Mike

Arizona Chart.jpg

@Kraffty that is a very concerning spike. How's total testing compared to a few weeks ago?

Most of Va opened two weeks ago. The counties here close to the District just opened last Friday ('phase 1, that is). At the same time, the Governor mandated that masks be worn in any public building. So far, things remain pretty good statewide. We'll see how things look in another week. I have to admit, it was a little strange driving by a couple restaurants yesterday and seeing a few people in the outdoor seating areas.

For those who work from home or can what can I say, but for me I'm on the streets everyday here in new Jersey and for what it's worth more cars on the highway each day.
What I do is take each article by its self anyone in business knows you can make numbers do what ever you want them to , I listen to my friend and fellow winemaker ( head controller for a leading hospital ) ,as per her comment, " it's like know one has passed away from anything else, no strokes, , heart attacks just c19, and for every death attributed to c,19 it's an extra 4000,00 to the hospital per patient.
I know there's people out their who will think I'm nuts,cold hearted etc.
But know one knows this virus ,know one..knows.all conjecture , and maybes
My customers I service are as a rule seniors, and there confused and scared, or just don't care. It's a sad state of affairs. Just my thoughts 🤔.

Northern Virginia moving to phase 2 on Friday. New infections and the % of positive test results have been dropping significantly. Here's to hoping that remains steady, or continues to fall. 🍷 I'm still somewhere between phase 0 and phase 1 though.

I just went and got a nose swab! Very funny feeling. Hoping (and expecting) the results come back negative. 🤞
I had a coworker who just had to have a stent inserted in one of her arteries after a minor heart attack. She thought the COVID swab test was worse than the stent procedure. She said something about thinking they swabbed out part of her brain during the test.

Last edited:
Our Yavapai County Arizona Health Department Director gives a daily update and talked about the reports of major increases in cases here. She also broke down hot spot counties vs counties where the numbers are staying flat or declining. South and South Central counties are blowing up. Maricopa (phoenix) and Yuma, Pima, Santa Cruz and Cochise counties (all four on the mexican border) are seeing huge increases. Cottonwood is in Northern Arizona which was low (except for the Navajo Nation at the 4 corners) is unchanged overall. Our Governor did hold back on moving to Phase 2 but it sure seems he should be working harding at enforcing restrictions and educating the public that this is nowhere near finished.

Imagine that 🤔 even my seniors are growing tired of this loneliness especially the women there needs to be some kind of relief for these people not even there activity centers are there for them ,it's not mentally healthy .

Last edited:
Well, I don't want to jinx it, but it looks like my father-in-law is going to make it! 👍 He is in a nursing home in another state (Missouri), and slowly but surely Covid swept through the facility. About half of the residents got it (as well as some staff). Of the residents who got it, about 25% have died, and about half have already recovered, and 25% still sick. It looks like my F-I-L has now joined the "recovered" group. (I want to post a celebratory smilie here, but it seems disrespectful to the ones who didn't make it.)

Still no idea when we will be able to see him...

I can't imagine have to be put in a care center and then not being able to at least see your family from time to time, I've done business with seniors long before I became one and I know for them it can be a long and lonely road without family or friends or associates to come and visit you.
You here about all the dark spots and the room and gloom on the TV , what you don't here quit enough is the breakthroughs and the recovery sides of the story.
Although my street customers ( not in a retirement devopment) are going strong and purchasing new equipment .
That's a bright spot for me👍

If younger people are carrier's and if that age group is becoming more tested than it would stand to reason their would be a spike.
Just by testing for body temperature doesn't mean C19. There could be a dozen reasons why, I just say,in.
Maybe it's the younger generation that needs to stay home.
With all the. Protest that are out there how many of them have contacted C19.

FDA advises consumers not to use hand sanitizer products manufactured by Eskbiochem due to the potential presence of methanol (wood alcohol), a substance that can be toxic when absorbed through the skin or ingested.
  • All-Clean Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-002-01)
  • Esk Biochem Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-007-01)
  • CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 75% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-008-04)
  • Lavar 70 Gel Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-006-01)
  • The Good Gel Antibacterial Gel Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-010-10)
  • CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 80% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-005-03)
  • CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 75% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-009-01)
  • CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 80% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-003-01)
  • Saniderm Advanced Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-001-01)

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safe...nd-sanitizer-products-manufactured-eskbiochem

Latest posts

Back