Corona Virus & Day to Day

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They may mistakenly believe that with summer coming this will recede as the flu does. There is no evidence to support a warm weather reprieve but there is mounting evidence that it is plainly wrong.

They may mistakenly believe that with summer coming this will recede as the flu does. There is no evidence to support a warm weather reprieve but there is mounting evidence that it is plainly wrong.
It‘s been spreading rampantly in Louisiana, unhindered by the warm temps we have already had down here, that myth should already be debunked.....

Although most places are limited, ND is one of the states that has not done a lockdown. While a lot of people are being smart with PPE and distancing, there are still idiots congregating at stores that really shouldn't be open and having parties.ND-covid19-4-20.jpgND-New-covid19-4-20.jpg

Have to wonder how this ends? There are too many “important” folks who are fortune telling. ,,, Rush on the radio yesterday was extrapolating from a Stanford test to say half the test area was already infected. ,,,, ie why worry ,,, get back to normal.
"Influenza killed 152,000 people in Europe in the 2017-18 winter. So far, COVID-19 has taken nearly 100,000 lives across the continent, albeit in a shorter period .... Maybe masks should be more common all the time,,,
At this point I wish the university here had a similar data set ,,,,, when daughter #1 was sick for a week what was it ,,, and since I helped her move on March 2nd did I get it too? and were the cough/ sore throat the mild form? and ... we can only catch it once .. etc
Putting too much stock into what any one person has to say right now is dangerous, regardless of their title. When my wife was sick I saw 'adamant nurses' and other technicians be totally wrong about their opinion because they only saw their area. Think blind men and the elephant. It was up to the doctors to digest information and keep their eye on the big picture.
My personal preference is for big data sets.
Does this mean the phone or fit bit monitor my health and send out a notice to go to the hospital to visit #1 and get the more accurate PCR test?
As a globe we will have reservoirs of pathogen. I take it as a given that we are at least two years with this risk factor.

A side note the voice on the radio uses terms like “personal freedom” or “constitutional rights”.
***** We as a society need to debate if we care about the common good****

Or stop listening to the big fat guy from my hometown of Cape Girardeau, MO who is an expert on absolutly nothing, but talking. Hes' been that way since before he graduated high school, same year as my older brother (or maybe sister, they were a year apart, so sometimes I get confused).

Money to be made when a person dies of coronavirus. No one dying of anything else these days. Previous deaths re-classified as coronavirus deaths, can't be going on. Is it possible to die twice of coronavirus? It makes one wonderCoronadiedtwice.jpg one wonder.

Money to be made when a person dies of coronavirus. No one dying of anything else these days. Previous deaths re-classified as coronavirus deaths, can't be going on. Is it possible to die twice of coronavirus? It makes one wonderView attachment 60324 one wonder.
Just a smidge of research before spreading lies??? No? OK, let me help. This is the same guy, Lenard Wells, who was both a RETIRED police officer from Wisconsin AND a professor in Memphis (his retirement gig). He passed while in Wisconsin, where he was saluted for his contributions there in the PD, but his passing was also recognized where he lived and taught, Memphis. So you see, he didn’t die twice, he just meant something different to the two communities he touched. If you’d like to see for yourself, click these two articles:

https://fox6now.com/2020/03/22/69-year-old-retired-milwaukee-police-officer-died-from-covid-19/https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending...virus-report-says/K7AM74CLPRADBGFPCDEAJDG4TY/

John, Thanks for the clarification. There's usually a good explanation for most things.

I know these topics can spur passions and speculation. I think it is important to remember to research what you post, respond with kindness and give people the benefit of the doubt. I don't think anyone intended to spread lies.

We should be careful about speculation and unfounded conspiracy theories. I think this can be a place to discuss these important topics and release some steam. But, please try to be thoughtful.

Thanks.

Greg

The Virginia Dept of Health updates it's Coronavirus site daily between 9 and 10am. Yesterday, they reported the largest single-day increase in new cases yet. Today, they haven't updated their site. 🤔

The Virginia Dept of Health updates it's Coronavirus site daily between 9 and 10am. Yesterday, they reported the largest single-day increase in new cases yet. Today, they haven't updated their site. 🤔
I don't follow the charts as much right now. Reporting guidelines have changed. Testing is still ramping up. Fatalities is sadly probably the most accurate figure right now and even that has some room for improvement. They have now found people in California that died back in February from the disease so this hit the shores much earlier than known and the requirements for who was tested were way to limited.

I'm genuinely struggling with resolving my personal stance on this whole thing. It's almost impossible to believe my opinions have any weight or validity when, like it or not, they are so heavily influenced by my personal situation. Like quite a few of you I'm semi retired or retired depending on the day of the week or my mood. I've got very few monthly expenses and have a little rainy day money set aside. I strongly believe (I think) we need to stay as shut down and distanced as possible for quite a while longer especially considering how mixed the info we're getting is. It's pretty easy to take that stand though when it comes with few personal consequences.
However,
If I were 10 or 20 years younger, still had a business open to the public, had 15 or 20 employees depending on that weekly check or I was depending on a weekly check and that business had to shutter, I'm sure my view would be completely different. I'm also sure I would strongly believe in that view.

Chuck E's couple of lines say it well and I'll do what I believe is best for me and mine. They may open things back up early to improve the economy but I don't see businesses thriving because of it -lack of customers- and if anything I see it doing more damage and prolonging the time it takes to get past this.

Stay safe and thoughtful and considerate of others.
I'll climb down now but do feel a bit better sharing those thoughts.

Mike

John, Thanks for the clarification. There's usually a good explanation for most things.

I know these topics can spur passions and speculation. I think it is important to remember to research what you post, respond with kindness and give people the benefit of the doubt. I don't think anyone intended to spread lies.

We should be careful about speculation and unfounded conspiracy theories. I think this can be a place to discuss these important topics and release some steam. But, please try to be thoughtful.

Thanks.

Greg

Duly noted, and you are correct, I certainly didn’t mean cause any hard feelings, just wanted to nip it in the bud. We should all know better than to repost something already noted as #FakeNews.

I feel particularly bad for the gentleman who’s the subject of this viral conspiracy post, dedicated his life to the service of others in both Law Enforcement and Education, a life cut short by COVID-19 and exploited by this post.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back