Corona Virus & Day to Day

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just hit the wall about 75 minutes ago. Was toying with the tractor (remove the deck, adjust stuff, put it back together, more of a PIA than the old tractor). Seems the wire that pulls the contraption that engages the blades is a bit looser than last year, only spins the blades at a low rpm so can't cut the lawn. Did a pulled pork, only had to add some charcoal around 2 pm. It was a real effort to pull it, plus I had to walk some of it up to a neighbor, maybe a 1/4 mile round trip. My wife got back and said "what is wrong with you"...I was falling asleep in the lawn chair.

Will be lucky to make it to 9 pm, saving grace is that my wife got shorted on sleep last night and had clinicals today, so she'll be heading to bed early vs. staying up late and studying.

Jim, nice to hear the symptoms passed pretty quickly, maybe tomorrow isn't a total loss after all. I'll warn the congregation that I might doze off during the sermon at church, maybe our pastor will take pity on me and cut it short, LOL.

I got my second maderna shot on thursday, Sore arm the next day, the wife had headache,body aches and chills. I moved 12 yards of dirt today in and out of the back of my pickup and am now feeling some affect, normally I wouldnt be this sore,,

Just hit the wall about 75 minutes ago. Was toying with the tractor (remove the deck, adjust stuff, put it back together, more of a PIA than the old tractor). Seems the wire that pulls the contraption that engages the blades is a bit looser than last year, only spins the blades at a low rpm so can't cut the lawn. Did a pulled pork, only had to add some charcoal around 2 pm. It was a real effort to pull it, plus I had to walk some of it up to a neighbor, maybe a 1/4 mile round trip. My wife got back and said "what is wrong with you"...I was falling asleep in the lawn chair.

Will be lucky to make it to 9 pm, saving grace is that my wife got shorted on sleep last night and had clinicals today, so she'll be heading to bed early vs. staying up late and studying.

Jim, nice to hear the symptoms passed pretty quickly, maybe tomorrow isn't a total loss after all. I'll warn the congregation that I might doze off during the sermon at church, maybe our pastor will take pity on me and cut it short, LOL.

Hopefully, your symptoms are like mine and gone in about 24 hours. Rest and hydrate.

@ceeaton : hopefully the symptoms are subsiding this morning.
Believe it or not, still getting a bit too tired in the evenings, feel great in the mornings. The first dose seemed to do the same thing to me. Not sure if it was the shot or that I'm almost back to full time working this week. It's hard to ramp it up for work being semi-retired for a year, LOL.

Believe it or not, still getting a bit too tired in the evenings, feel great in the mornings. The first dose seemed to do the same thing to me. Not sure if it was the shot or that I'm almost back to full time working this week. It's hard to ramp it up for work being semi-retired for a year, LOL.

Hope you are feeling in fine fettle forthwith! Good luck.

Heatherd you’re so right. We’ve had a few visitors this last month, all vaccinated, and I’d forgotten how nice it is to hug or even just shake hands with friends and family.
YES! Same. I'm excited to just be near people! Hopefully my elderly parents get theirs as we're planning a reunion of their life-long friends in the summer. Haven't seen them in over a year.

Well I did read the link you just posted and I got a somwhat different read than I believe you did. The folks with gunshot wounds were counted as HAVING COVID (which it says they did), but not as Covid caused the death. That seems like a pretty important number to know, how many folks have covid. I doubt we will ever agree on much regarding this subject.

looking
at the projected curve for the virus
it is very well known to me
we have watched it many times
from outside, , the glass carboy

looking
at the growth curve for yeast innoculum
5 grams, , exponential, , plateau, , toss the lees
it feels so strange waiting, , in the carboy
looking, , out the glass window

Wow, this was an interesting flashback. It happened that @Lucyray liked a post of mine regarding that post that @Rice_Guy made in MARCH 2020, so I read it again, 14 months later. You were prescient, Rice.

Sorry, I am missing something. Honest question: What point are you trying to make, exactly? You are not seriously disputing that there have been hundreds of thousands of deaths due to Covid, are you?

Here is a plot of ALL deaths over the last 4 years. No distinctions made between causes of death. It does not take a rocket scientist to see that something unusual happened over the last year. (Excess Deaths)

WeeklyExcessDeaths.png

an update on an old thread,
Interesting covid numbers again, the wife was saying high school had roughly 1 out of 20 students out for covid or testing covid the week before break.

Today is the first day back in class with roughly 1 out of 9 out for covid or testing covid, ,,, and two teachers are out , ,,,,, and the principal got a positive test tonight after being at work all day.

After a bit of a laugh her observation was if I knew this would happen I would have retired last summer.

Not quite so bad where my wife teaches high school in NYC, but a number of teachers are out with the infection and a number of kids have come down with Omicron, too. BUT teachers were all being tested both with home test kits and saliva kits yesterday and again tomorrow (and the school is reproting results to public health). I gotta say, that the virus is given all the space it needs to replicate because 30 % or more people are refusing to be vaccinated (not in my wife's school - You can teach if you are fully vaccinated or you have a medical exemption - no one asked for a religious exemption which I think might really only apply to Christian Scientists and perhaps 7th Day Adventists) but those refusing to be vaccinated to protect others are not anti-vaxxers in my book. Quite simply they are pro-virus. These tend to be the same people who refuse to wear masks. I gotta wonder whether we are living in the middle of a horror movie where this virus makes people behave in ways that the virus needs to better replicate...

My son and his wife just got over Covid, not too bad but worse than a bad cold. My sister had her husband’s family over for Christmas and everyone got Covid from his nephew. My neighbors in their twenties both got very sick from it. Several of our friends have survived it as well. I’m vaccinated and I guess I still have to worry about it as I have mild copd. I worry that people who have a mild illness will end up with long term problems.

My son and his wife just got over Covid, not too bad but worse than a bad cold. My sister had her husband’s family over for Christmas and everyone got Covid from his nephew. My neighbors in their twenties both got very sick from it. Several of our friends have survived it as well. I’m vaccinated and I guess I still have to worry about it as I have mild copd. I worry that people who have a mild illness will end up with long term problems.
May I ask what you and your family took to get over it?

Latest posts

Back