Cornucopia Coconut Francasi Kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reefman

Reaction score
Does anyone have kit instructions for a Cornucopia Coconut Francasi Kit?
Mine got lost in the move from Maryland.

Anything to clarify the wine?

Usually, if the sg is .996 or lower, you can stabilize (k-meta), clarify, and sorbate. After racking, then I would add the f-pack

thanks, that helps....yes, there is some clarifier in there too...I forgot to mention it.
I should have known the stabilizer was K-metA.

1) check your SG. Make sure it is: 1) at or under 0.996, and 2) unchanged for 2 days

2) Dissolve the stabilizer and sorbate in 1/4 cup cool water. Stir into the wine. If you are going to bottle soon, then degass while stirring in the stabilizer and sorbate.

3) At this point, you can either add the f-pack before or after you clarify. Note: when you add the f-pack, you might need to remove some wine in order to make room in the carboy. Adding before will also clarify the F-pack. If you don't have enough room in the carboy, then it is either the removed wine doesn't get clarified, or the f-pack. My vote is the f-pack waits.

4) Add the clarifier, and stir well.

5) Wait 2 weeks.

6) If clear, Rack. If not clear, wait another week.

7) After racking, add the f-pack if not added before. Stir.

8) Wait at least 1 week after adding the f-pack before bottling.

9a) If you are bottling at this time, degass thoroughly.

9b) If you are carboy aging, then add 1/4 tsp of K-meta. Rack every 2-3 months, and add 1/4 tsp of k-meta at each racking.

Last edited:
Cornucopia coconut frescati

Cornocopia Cocoanut Frascata Kit

This kit we purchased off Amazon for ~$45.00 shipped. This kit contained the Frascata concentrate, Cocoanut F-pak, as well as labels, corks, caps, packets of yeast, sorbate, bentonite, k-met, and chitosan. This kit contains the essentials for any new winemaker (minus the basic equipment that is needed.)
What we added:
ball jar of simple syrup
Spring Water
The steps:
First, we added the bentonite and ½ gal. warm water and stirred until dissolved.
Next, we added the packet of frascata juice and then topped up to 5.5 gallon mark on our primary fermenter. (This kit makes 6 gal. but it seemed a bit weak, I didn't want it to be too thin in the end.)
Then, we took an SG reading. The kit as is, came to 1.070. We wanted our SG reading to be a little higher, so we added the ball jar of simple syrup and this brought it up one point. Our SG now is 1.08
Next, we gave the bucket a good stir and added the yeast.
The last step: We document the contents on our tag, hang it on the bucket, and draped a towel over the top. Now we wait.
Update:
Week 2: We racked to the glass carboy and just let it sit.
week 3: Tonight we added the packets or sorbate, k-met, and fining agent, and the cocoanut F-pak. I must say, the F pak is DELICIOUS! I would love to get my hand on another fpak like that to experient with. We wrapped the towel around the carboy and put it to sleep.
Stay tuned for week 4! We plan on racking if all goes well. More to come.
Cheers!
Joeswine and Neviawen

1 kit contents.jpg

4) Add the clarifier, and stir well.

5) Wait 2 weeks.

6) If clear, Rack. If not clear, wait another week.

7) After racking, add the f-pack if not added before. Stir.

8) Wait at least 1 week after adding the f-pack before bottling.

9a) If you are bottling at this time, degass thoroughly.

9b) If you are carboy aging, then add 1/4 tsp of K-meta. Rack every 2-3 months, and add 1/4 tsp of k-meta at each racking.
Thanks RichMKE

That's the kit I'm making too..........looking forward to your tweaks Joeswine and Neviawen.

Thought they quit making those kits. made one a couple years ago loved it have one bottle left.

Apparently they went Bankrupt at least a year ago.
This was a kit I started last summer and it's been bulk aging.:sh

Cornocopia Cocoanut Frascata Kit

This kit we purchased off Amazon for ~$45.00 shipped. This kit contained the Frascata concentrate, Cocoanut F-pak, as well as labels, corks, caps, packets of yeast, sorbate, bentonite, k-met, and chitosan. This kit contains the essentials for any new winemaker (minus the basic equipment that is needed.)
Joeswine and Neviawen

Joe,
Any updates on this kit?
Mine is almost done. I expect to bottle in about a week.

Latest posts

Back