Corks

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlFulchino

Winemaker of 30+ years
Reaction score
just got my corks in...thought people might like to see them...the pictures are not the best

they are done by Ganau...w a firebrand on each side.....these will go into our Signature Blend wines soon

CorkFV1.JPG

CorkFV2.JPG

Looks cool
How many did you have to order for the "branding"?

They look great Al, are the other wines just getting a un altered cork of the same?

thanks Dan

it was 2000 Tom, that is their minimum

Hi Wade....everything will get that cork...one set up charge is enough for me right now :)

Not sure what you mean, you ay just your signature blends will get these, is that all your selling is your sig blend? How is last years batch coming along. close to the batch you sent me a bottle of?

sorry Wade...to clarify......the first wines that i will have ready are sig blends...cenare, vivace and mirabella and yes pretty good compared to last yr...alcohol should be at 14.5%....my other wines need more time and in some cases more blending

That is really neat...
I wonder... does anyone make a brand so that a person could brand his own corks? Anyone have any ideas how this could be done? Maybe that would be a good question for another thread. The branded corks are really nice.
:try

i would imagine you could fashion a cylinder of metal...hinged at the halfway point w the metal brand affixed to the inside of the cylinder

They are burned on but its not the same I bet as just branding 1 cause Im sure that would leave some kind on indent which would make the cork leak.

http://www.ganauamerica.com/

and they can also brand the top end cap of the cork for you as well

i believe the firebrand is just a gentle touch of heated metal to the cork...there is no indent nor is the mark more than surface deep

Hey, what about those branding tools woodworker's use to imprint their name on the bottom of their projects. You could get one small enough and apply light pressure. Wade I know you know what I am talking about.

I have only used 1 of those way back when I built a stereo rack system and outiled an Eagle fying in front of the sun. I obviusly copied through a transparent picture to do so as I have no drawing abilities at all!!!!!!!!! My 13 year old daughter on the other hand is very good at drawing and she go that from my late father in law, he taught her when she was very young. No one else can draw in our family.

Latest posts

Back