Corks

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, and I have that kit aging now, I started it Feb. 7 of this year....:ft

When did you bottle it? Did you bulk age for a long time?

Unfortunately, this is the one wine I have made that I can't locate my records. I started this in early November, 2011 and bottled in late January 2012. That was a time when I built them by the manufacturer recommendations, with clearing time the only variable. It just tastes thin and rather sour. Flavors are not overly pleasant. I did a Renaissance Impressions amarone the next year and it isn't much better. In fact, I prefer a tweaked Vinifera Noble amarone to the Renaissance line. I have tried the Meglioli Amarone and, with extended aging, is incredible - probably the best wine I have ever had. But at $200 plus for the kit, it had better be good, IMHO.

Don't be discouraged though. The MM Amarone may hit a sweet spot for you. I hope it does. I have seen others rave about their Renaissance Amarone. It just doesn't seem to be my cup of tea, so to speak. I MUCH prefer the Showcase version and I have one ready to try at 1 year and another bulk aging now for next Christmas.

Good luck with your wine. Keep us posted with your opinion. I, for one, am interested in your views.

These people from Lafitte must be nuts.
The lady was going back and forth with the shipping charge and then finally "settled" on $48 "for sure" as the definitely cost.

I just got an invoice in the mail yesterday and guess what...they charged my CC with a shipping higher for $53.45

I know it is like $5 more only but that is not how good companies do business, at least in my book... [emoji35]

These people from Lafitte must be nuts.
The lady was going back and forth with the shipping charge and then finally "settled" on $48 "for sure" as the definitely cost.

I just got an invoice in the mail yesterday and guess what...they charged my CC with a shipping higher for $53.45

I know it is like $5 more only but that is not how good companies do business, at least in my book... [emoji35]

Sorry to hear that. You're right, they should have at least let you know. FWIW, my experience was not like that at all. Hopefully, you enjoy those corks and find them to be the good value that I have.

Yeah, from initially $68 I said that it seemed very high, but then she "checked" and then called me back saying $28.
But then she said "once I have everything ready I will let you know".
Then she called back saying she had everything ready to process and then stated "well, the shipping is actually $48....sorry about that....".

I said fine, I need them.

Then this separate invoice in the mail showing $53.45 WTH :ft

@geek So how many corks did you get for $28, $68, $48, etc., or whatever they decide? :)
And are those figures just shipping, or corks and shipping?

We are all using the Lafitte 1+1 Aglo. They have several levels of quality for that cork but it made no sense cost wise to use anything other than the top tier.

Rocky, this is a GREAT cork and a great company to work with. When I placed my first order they sent the whole thing out to me and just stuck the bill in the box for me to pay by check or call in a CC. How many companies still do that today?

Another shout out for Lafitte. Pick up the phone call Mike, corks are shipped, bill is either in the box of comes a few days later in the mail. Shipping has been $68 both times I ordered. I'll be ordering again in the spring. May even splurge for the custom corks this time...

Oh well……….

12368985_10203968327927478_1428536210999292894_n.jpg

Back