Corks that don't fit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dfv771

Junior
Reaction score
This is my third year of making wine. I always use natural corks, but this year I decided to use synthetic corks. Unfortunately they don't actually fit in my corker. So I have decided to go back to natural corks, but I can only get them tomorrow. Again unfortunately, I decanted my wine into bottles, ready to be corked. The only solution I can think of right now is to put clingfilm on the bottles and then cork them tomorrow.

What do people think of this quick solution?
Will the wine still be alright being covered with clingfilm for 20ish hours?
I hope so, because I was depressed as hell to find that the corks didn't fit.

I also have a cork stuck in my corker, so if anyone has a solution to get that out, that would also help.

Thanks for your help,
Dylan

Lol your welcome and please be careful that you don’t stab yourself trying to dig it out.
It might be a good idea to purchase another corker to have a spare. You never know when you will need a spare one like now lol

Glad you said that sourgarapes, I need to order some more corks for my Italian Table Top corker. Love this thing. I mounted it on a 1"x8" by 2g' and I can clamp it to a table top, counter top or where ever. It gets the job done, even the #9s go in like a champ.

Hey Dylan. Just keep making wine. Buy stuff as you can afford it. I understand that completely. If you decide to stay in the craft you will buy more stuff “it’s never ending”.
Dig that cork out man and make another batch. Enjoy!!!

Latest posts

Back