WineXpert Corks and aging

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I generally bottle whites and light reds in 4 to 6 months, mid-range reds in 6 to 9 months, and heavy reds in 9 to 12+ months. This is a rough guideline -- many factors may determine when I bottle, including personal time.

If your wine is aging in SS with minimal headspace and a proper dosage of K-meta, waiting another month or so should not be an issue.

An important question is how long are you intending to bottle age? If you're looking short term, less than 2 years, the corks you have are probably fine.
Hi,

I have Cabarnet sitting in the tank for 9 months yes I want to age them around 5 years, where can I buy Nomacorcs Select 900 corks ?

I have Cabarnet sitting in the tank for 9 months yes I want to age them around 5 years, where can I buy Nomacorcs Select 900 corks ?
Amazon seems like your best choice. If you were in the USA there are many options, but I have no idea for your area. Maybe someone else can chime in. @balatonwine, you're a lot closer to him than I am, can you offer any ideas.

Your plan to age the Cabernet may be idealistic. 90% of the world's wine production is aimed at consumption within 3 years of start, although folks on this forum skew that curve as many heavy red producers age longer. A lot depends on the quality of your grapes, the techniques you used to produce it, and your storage conditions.

DO NOT wait 5 years to open a bottle. Give it 6 months after bottling and open a bottle every 3 months. Record your impressions and put the notes away. A year after opening the first bottle, re-read your notes. Look for improvement with time, as well as any decline. While you may get 5+ years, there is no guarantee, and the worst possible outcome is that you wait another 4 years and discover your wine is all in decline.

Amazon seems like your best choice. If you were in the USA there are many options, but I have no idea for your area. Maybe someone else can chime in. @balatonwine, you're a lot closer to him than I am, can you offer any ideas.

Your plan to age the Cabernet may be idealistic. 90% of the world's wine production is aimed at consumption within 3 years of start, although folks on this forum skew that curve as many heavy red producers age longer. A lot depends on the quality of your grapes, the techniques you used to produce it, and your storage conditions.

DO NOT wait 5 years to open a bottle. Give it 6 months after bottling and open a bottle every 3 months. Record your impressions and put the notes away. A year after opening the first bottle, re-read your notes. Look for improvement with time, as well as any decline. While you may get 5+ years, there is no guarantee, and the worst possible outcome is that you wait another 4 years and discover your wine is all in decline.
Hi,
Thanks I am going to buy from US so you can give me some Online shop addresses if you can my friend will bring them.

Latest posts

Back