Corkidor

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just put together my corkidor that Wade shared with us a while back and wanted to post it to share with others and welcome any comments, pro or con. It is a old primary bucket with a one gallon jug of k-meta in it. I pour the corks around it and when I am ready to use them they are sanitized and ready to go. I do not wet my corks as I have a floor corker but the vapors keep them sanitized and ready to go. Ensure you have a good sealing lid on the bucket and keep your nose/face away from it when removing the lid.

Cork-i-dor.jpg

After pouring my corks in it I thought what the heck, why not keep my sipnoning hoses in it also. Now they are ready to go also. As I said before I welcome all comments on this.

Cork-i-dor01.jpg

I would yank that milk jug out and use a glass jug. maybe it was just my milk cartons but Ive had 3 of the plastic ones loose their bottoms on me and stopped putting sulfite solution in them. man, I am not the brightest bulg on the rack! I never even thought of sticking some other supplies in there like you did, although most of the time I dont have much room as I buy my corks by the 1000!

cool, thanks for sharing that with us , im going to make me one to keep all my goodies in, ill be using a glass jug though.:)

Wade, I bought a 1/2 gal jug just for this purpose and when I got home I thought you big dummy, you got all these plastic water bottles why don't I just use one of those. HUH, now I 'm glad I bought it. I will switch over to glass. Thanks for the heads up! I may still end up with a gallon glass jug just to get the height so I could possibly put a few other things in there. Plus make sure you use a primary lid with the gasket in it also.

A magnum bottle would work also but be careful it didnt tip over if moving it.

Latest posts

Back