corkers

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mala54

Junior
Reaction score
I am thinking about buying a bottle corker(rather than using screw top bottles)

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should look for???

Yes get a floor corker. The Portuguese is an excellent corker that most of us use. If you want to spend the money for the best the Italian one is even better.

How often do the nylon jaws have to be replaced in those Portugese floor corkers? Just curious, as this seems to be the main differentiator from the more expensive models with brass jaws. The replacement nylon jaws seem reasonably priced, so long as they last a little while I suppose.

1,000 bottles? Is That ALL? winp ..LOl
I have the Italian one w/ brass jaws.
Keep in mind if doing the synthetic corks the nylon iris one may crease the cork resulting in leaking bottles.

Keep in mind if doing the synthetic corks the nylon iris one may crease the cork resulting in leaking bottles.

I have heard that and I think that was with the older ones. Mine is almost two years old and I never had an issue. The older models had three screws on top of it and the newer ones have two screws.

I really have no idea how many bottles I have done but its well over a thousand.

Latest posts

Back