Cooling unit for small wine cellar

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

ss1695

Junior
Reaction score
Hi, I'm building a 4'x6' wine cellar in by basement and I want to add a cooling unit as it is at a slightly higher temp than I want (68-69 degrees in the summer). Are there any recommendations for a specific cooling unit that would cool that small of a space? Ideally, I'd like an external unit and feed a duct to the interior wall. Behind the 4'x6' space is a storage area, so I have the opportunity to have an external unit.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions or perspective.

Scott

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
@Norcal built a small self contained cellar. Unfortunately many of the pics are no longer being displayed but they show up again at the end of the thread.

http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45816

Welcome to WMT.

Hi, I'm building a 4'x6' wine cellar in by basement and I want to add a cooling unit as it is at a slightly higher temp than I want (68-69 degrees in the summer). Are there any recommendations for a specific cooling unit that would cool that small of a space? Ideally, I'd like an external unit and feed a duct to the interior wall. Behind the 4'x6' space is a storage area, so I have the opportunity to have an external unit.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions or perspective.

Scott

Mismost

Reaction score
I would think if your basement stays 68-69 degrees and you don't mind if it gets a little bit warmer....a regular old through the wall mounted/window air condition would work just fine. Bet you could hook it up to a 40 dollar InkBird controller to get it to cool down to mid-fifties. Small cube heater plugged into the same InkBird for winter use. Done.

Latest posts