Cool find

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fermator

Reaction score
Bought a new to me house and found these glass carboys out back. Apparently spring water was sold in them.

Attachments

• A67BA608-938C-4CEF-A97D-115B161D0A82.jpeg
    A67BA608-938C-4CEF-A97D-115B161D0A82.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 71
Congrats on your new house!

Please post again when you've got those all cleaned. It'd be nice to see a before and after.

Bill, you beat me to it! I bet those carboys are gonna be a pain to get clean. But free is free, unless they upped the house price a bit and you didn't notice!

Oh, and congratulations on the house. May your roof, electric and plumbing be new! After 25 years in the same house I'm slowly replacing it all, roof is next.

Roof is only 5 years old. We did reno inside. But the carboys have foil over openings and are clean other than the dust on the top outside sides and insides are clean. Got my own brew haus

Attachments

• 0C7AC87A-2CC7-4CE8-97EF-431F03BCD0AA.jpeg
    0C7AC87A-2CC7-4CE8-97EF-431F03BCD0AA.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 67
  • 9B80E129-702B-4B06-BD72-1AE4D301DE45.jpeg
    9B80E129-702B-4B06-BD72-1AE4D301DE45.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 65
I should add I ordered quite a few peach trees, miscadines, and black berry plants from Ison’s nursery to this property blooming. Hopefully In a couple years those carboys will be full of home grown muscadines and black berry wine

Roof is only 5 years old. We did reno inside. But the carboys have foil over openings and are clean other than the dust on the top outside sides and insides are clean. Got my own brew haus
Looks like you are using your fly tying table to support some carboys? I'm noodling that because it looks like you have the same pair of waders that I do!

I like the idea of planting fruit trees. If I find I can grow peaches in Northern PA I'll put some peach trees in on my new piece of property that wife and I bought last month.

Ya I live in South Texas so those are my winter waders haha. Not much fly fishing but do a lot of top waters in the salt.

Fruit trees are great and winter is actually best time to plant because the trees are dormant and it doesn’t stress them out unlike disrupting them in spring to transplant when they are trying to grow. Check out Ison’s online they probably have stuff that grows up there.

Ya I live in South Texas so those are my winter waders haha. Not much fly fishing but do a lot of top waters in the salt.

Fruit trees are great and winter is actually best time to plant because the trees are dormant and it doesn’t stress them out unlike disrupting them in spring to transplant when they are trying to grow. Check out Ison’s online they probably have stuff that grows up there.

Not sure what to think about the waders in the brew haus. Are you expecting a disaster? :D

Waders never seem to last me more than a year so I'm hoping keeping inside will prolong the life. so they don't spring a leak. Probably wishful thinking.

Latest posts

Back