Cooking wine, wines made only for cooking

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you google search you can find quite a bit of information about adding herbs to a batch of wine.

I've currently got about a cup of orange thyme in the freezer that I plan on adding to wine. (I just haven't decided which one yet)

I've made a 2 gal. Batch of shallot wine that I use for cooking only.

After harvesting garlic in the spring I plan to make garlic top/shallot wine.

Wineon4 that looks wonderful! what all herbs did you use?

That looks wonderful! What herbs did you use? I can't really tell if that's basil.

Rosemary and Thyme in one and Basil and Oregano in the other. Cooked Venison with the Rosemary one and it was delicious a big hit for the Sunday football party.

Hello !!

I am very passionate about wine... more about theory than practice . I use to work as I waiter in the past , and from the information that people who I worked with taught me ... you can really pair anything with anything or cook with any wine... but the main rule is you should really pair a great wine with a great dish ,and when it comes to cooking a dish... that is also true . Don't let the wine be less then the dish ever , and it makes perfect sense at least from the psychology point of view.

Also a wine with a high level of acidity will always make your meat be more tender .

By the way , I congratulate you for a job well done with the wines... I love what you do . I love all of you guys !! :)

Latest posts

Back