consumption lol

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i make SP to keep me outta my immature wines,,,,
got some elderberry/blackberry 50/50 aging, i bottled a carboy and have 2 aging, to see how i would like this ratio , turns out I really like it, just pulled the cork on the last half bottle, since the rest is aging , and i wont bottle it for at least another year, guess I'll move on,,, got others, but sure going to miss this one for awhile, you can bet I'll be adding several carboys to this one from here on out,,, soon I'll have 2 carboys of peach starting to age, that leaves me with 3 empty carboys of which tart cherry will be filling next, and no room for more carboys,,,, to much going on to build shelves right now, i get a mule smoothed out and the baby mule weaned and started on ground work, then I'm going to get around to them shelves this time, for sure,
hehe i hope
Dawg

Peach wine... My guess is that you grow peaches or you can harvest them at the peak of ripeness. Up here peaches tend to be very low in flavor and I cannot see any value in trying to make a good wine from that fruit. Have you had much success with peaches, Dawg?

I live in the northern part of Virginia and have to say they grow pretty good peaches here. In 2019 I was driving past a fruit stand and decided to stop with peaches in mind. I don't remember what I paid for them but they were selling slightly overripe peaches for next to nothing, I think I got ten pecks. I'd say 10% of them were perfect for eating, at least that day. Pitted, sliced and froze them for a couple weeks. Turned out to be a very nice wine. I'll bet though if they weren't so flavorful the wine wouldn't have been the same. Somehow in 2020 I missed the season and didn't make any peach.

Peach wine... My guess is that you grow peaches or you can harvest them at the peak of ripeness. Up here peaches tend to be very low in flavor and I cannot see any value in trying to make a good wine from that fruit. Have you had much success with peaches, Dawg?
we grow good peaches but frost gets at least 2 out of 3 harvest,
Dawg

LOL! Peaches! I love them and have two nice peach trees. They grow such nice peaches. It's supposed to be 30 degrees tonight so we will see if any peaches set on since the trees were blooming this morning. However, If they do grow 99% of the time the deer manage to steal them all in one big overnight heist! Little devils. That's why I eat a lot of venison!

Latest posts

Back