Considering the All-In-One pump...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siwash

Reaction score
how much of a difference does this contraption make? Please let me know the advantages over more conventional siphoning.. This would cost me well over $300 (Canadian dollars) with shipping assuming they ship here.

1) stop lifting full carboy
2) degas every time you rack, and so thinking about degassing as a thing
3) fill bottles to exact same level with ease.
4) Racking filtering for about $30 more (might be a bit more in Canada, but not much)
5) expert help from the guy who developed the machine.

I've only ever heard of two or three folks who regretted purchasing this device and most of those were really just getting out of winemaking.

Last edited:
On #4 do you mean there's a model that racks (and not just fills bottles) for an additional $30? I tried visiting his site, but can't seem to open it... and is it true that O2 entering into the wine is minimized?

thanks!

Most folks who buy the AiO are very happy with it. I've spoken with Steve (owner) and he is very helpful and supports his product well.

My reason for not purchasing one is that the AiO doesn't handle one situation, and I'd need a different pump, so I went with a regular unit.

Love love love my AIO for all the reasons @cmason1957 mentions.

When I ordered mine, Steve called me and asked how I intended to use it to make sure I had all the parts I needed. I did want to bottle with it so I got the bottling setup which is just a couple of add-ons, although I intend to order the new upgraded bottling attachment soon.

Yes, oxygen is minimized because you are racking under vacuum.

Is this the site you tried?
https://allinonewinepump.com/
If you can't open the site, here's one of his videos on youtube:

On #4 do you mean there's a model that racks (and not just fills bottles) for an additional $30? I tried visiting his site, but can't seem to open it... and is it true that O2 entering into the wine is minimized?

thanks!

Sorry, I should have typed filtering costs about $30 more. I blame my wife.

And just to make certain you have the URL correct, it opens fine for me:

https://allinonewinepump.com/

Last edited:
I bit the bullet and bought one in 2019 when I got into steady winemaking. I’ve been brewing beer since the 80’s and bottled many many beer batches before I started force transferring and bottling beer using CO2 and later nitrogen. I hate siphoning, absolutely hate it so when I saw the AIO I cried once and got it.
It is a significant investment but IMO well worth the cost. I use it for racking out of carboys, bottling, and recently started using it to keg wines into spare corny kegs. It is very versatile.
I also use Steve’s headspace eliminators for Carboy bulk storage.
I recently got an email from hm, he has a new and improved bottle filler and I think I’m going get it. And as others have mentioned he is not aloof and will gladly talk to his customers.

I bought an All-In-One pump kit a few years ago and have been quite happy with it. I use it for any racking I do, from glass jugs to glass carboys , buckets ... whatever I need to transfer. The word ' elegant ' comes to mind. Not that racking with a siphon wand and hose is hard, but the pump is just too easy!
Bottling is probably my favorite use for the AIO pump. When I used to use a siphon setup and plastic bottle-filler wand ( with the tickler-check valve in the end ) bottling used to be kind of tricky. Sometimes the bottle filler wand wouldn't ' open ' fully because of the punt on the bottom of the bottle. Sometimes it did, sometimes it was fussy. BUT the vacuum pump bottle filling is EASY. Works every time, no messing around with the bottle filler wand anymore...it's awesome. And the level of the bottle fills are consistant. No mess. What can I say? If all I did was the bottling, it would totally be worth it. Using it for racking and de-gassing is a bonus.

I prefer to use a transfer pump which costs a fraction of the AIO-about $75 USD. I think AIO is probably a good piece of equipment because so many users love it. It's a bit pricey, though and I think a simple transfer pump is just as good except that you can't use it to fill bottles, a minor concern for me. A transfer pump eliminates the need to lift carboys and other heavy vessels, degases every time you rack.

I got the AIO last year and I love it. The main benefits for me:
1. I don't have to lift or move heavy carboys (I have a bad back, so this is #1 for me)
2. When filling bottles, I don't have to put the bottles on the floor and get on my knees to bottle
3. Easy to wash/sanitize hoses using the pump
4. Automatic degassing when I rack/bottle

Plus great support from Steve, the owner.

I prefer to use a transfer pump which costs a fraction of the AIO-about $75 USD. I think AIO is probably a good piece of equipment because so many users love it. It's a bit pricey, though and I think a simple transfer pump is just as good except that you can't use it to fill bottles, a minor concern for me. A transfer pump eliminates the need to lift carboys and other heavy vessels, degases every time you rack.

A transfer pump is a viable option. I own one of those as well, just never use it.

I prefer using the AIO where the wine never touches anything except for hoses and racking canes and I don't need a pre-filter to clog when racking. I know I can sanitize my hoses and racking cane completely, the transfer pump, maybe, maybe not. I also feel that vacuum is a bit gentler for the wine than the impellers on a transfer pump.

Each to their own.

The AIO wine pump gives me the flexibility of taking care of my wine when there is no one around to help. All full carboys stay on the floor, I’m only lifting empty carboys. Also, I am glad to degas when I rack. A simple pump to operate, very glad I got it.
I resisted getting one, because I don’t like spending $ on gadgets, but I am sold on this gadget.

Folks, you sold me on this... I did visit the site shortly after cmason1957 posted.. i was in a funny spot in my house where the wifi sucks... I am afraid fto find out what it's going to actually cost me as I am in Canada! I'm sure he ships here.. I have ordered lots of stuff over the years from the US and we are neighbors!

Thanks to all...

I spent a few years mulling over the decision to purchase an AIO pump. Finally broke down and bought one about 6 weeks ago, and wish I would have done it sooner. It has worked flawlessly every time I have used it. It's absolutely crazy how much gas this thing gets out when racking. Don't forget to try his headspace eliminators as well. Best little gadget I've ever used in winemaking!

All that, and Steve is a solid guy who stands by his product, and is always there to answer questions.

I think the amount you make and what you are doing play a role in the decision of an AIO vs a transfer pump. I also have both and they both have their purpose. The AIO pumps a little slower (maybe a lot) but it doesn't disturb the lees as much as the transfer giving you a cleaner rack. Although my transfer is an impeller rather than a diaphragm I feel it does introduce O2 into the wine where the AIO probably does not. My largest aging vessel is a 50 liter barrel and sometimes I find the AIO just takes too much time and I normally use the transfer, anything smaller gets the AIO. The transfer is the only thing to use when combining carboys or barrels of the same wine into a brute for a homogeneous mixture to make final adjustments.

That's my 2 cents for what it's worth but I wouldn't be without the AIO.

Folks, you sold me on this... I did visit the site shortly after cmason1957 posted.. i was in a funny spot in my house where the wifi sucks... I am afraid fto find out what it's going to actually cost me as I am in Canada! I'm sure he ships here.. I have ordered lots of stuff over the years from the US and we are neighbors!

Thanks to all...
Please PM me with your phone # and I will call you and we can go over all and any concerns you may have at that time.

Thanks again
Steve

Latest posts

Back