Congrats to the Philadelphia Iggles!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
27752077_10156096875578851_5735471185855720765_n.jpg

eagles-win.jpg

As a diehard Cowboy fan (hey I am originally from San Antonio) yesterday was probably the one and only time I will ever root for the Eagles. Very happy to see Brady on his 40 year old ask yesterday! LOL

Giants are my number 1 team, but the Pats are 1.5. Shocked to see the D get lit up like they did last night. The Eagles played (and coached) a great game. A couple close friends and my B-I-L are huge fans, so I'm thrilled for them.

I couldn't help but wonder how hard it was to watch from the sideline for Carson Wentz.

A football town through and through. Even as the Phillies played in the World Series the E-A-G-L-E-S chants echoed throughout the ballpark.
The disappointments over the years never got any easier. To share this moment with family, friends, and even strangers is incredible.
It seems silly to put so much emotion into a local football team, but it’s just the way it is here. And recalling loved ones who have passed just adds to the moment. We made sure to include them though.
The universal unbridled joy turned Philly back into the city of brotherly love- not burning the town down as some speculated. Aside from some minor incidents it was 99% people sharing the love.

-homemade good luck wreath.
-Hoping to get some good juju from my grandfather.
-And the bald eagle spotted in a friends backyard yesterday morning.
IMG_0829.jpg
6C25461E-7274-43BE-8C02-70ED500D09A4.jpg
IMG_0164.jpg

The Eagles played a great game yesterday, but the most amazing thing for me was, stepping out on my third floor deck at the edge of Center City and South Philly near 22nd st and hearing the roar of celebration coming from every direction of the city. Never heard anything quite like it.

Sort of explains why they only had 2 wins this year......:slp:slp:slp:ft:ft:ft

No way! You guys just caught a lot of bad luck this year.
Even as a philly fan and avid NY hater i admit that this commercial was by far my favorite of the night.
OBJ’s likeability is rubbing off on Eli. And after being disrespected by his own coach Eli at least gained my respect on how he handled himself throughout.
Plus it’s only fun hating the Giants/Mets when they are good. Otherwise it’s just boring.

Yup, The Giants this year were so bad that they are beyond defending.
Us Iggles phans like it that way. Washington just got Alex Smith, NY just changed their coach (to one of our old coaches who's game plan didn't work too well in a playoff game recently) and Dallas has a hands on owner who tinkers alot. Life is good in Philadelphia!

As a diehard Cowboy fan (hey I am originally from San Antonio) yesterday was probably the one and only time I will ever root for the Eagles. Very happy to see Brady on his 40 year old ask yesterday! LOL

Ok,

So the ONE TIME, THE ONE AND ONLY TIME I root for the Patriots, and look what happens!

I have to agree philosophically with Mike on this issue. When the G-men bested the Pats TWICE, I was happy for them. Yes, you hate to see your rivals beat you, but then when they subsequently go to the Superbowl, ya gotta back them (especially if they are underdogs).

Makes it seem even more incredible: "Craziest game ever? Tom Brady threw for 505 yards, three touchdowns, no picks, his team committed one penalty and never punted. And they lost."

They other glaring thing was not a single call for pass interference on either team! With all those passing yards for both QB's.......... Somebody said to the refs "let em play".

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back