Concord Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicol

Junior
Reaction score
Recently given 2 gallon fresh juiced Concord grapes. I only have recipes for the whole fruit by weight. Can I just skip the bag full of grapes/pulp and just pour the juice straight into my primary? If so how would you recommend measuring that?

You can make a nice table wine from just the juice.. I have posted a recipe that has always worked for me. One of my favorite wines.

You can make a nice table wine from just the juice.. I have posted a recipe that has always worked for me. One of my favorite wines.

Thanks for your reply, that sounds great! Where would I find your post?

assume 12 lbs of grape equal about one gallon and proceed with that. given two gallon juice assume 25lbs of gape.
Thank you for the advise!
My next question and I hope this doesn’t seem too confusing. My recipes is for 5 gallons of wine and requires 30 pounds of grapes. I currently have 2 gallons of fresh pressed juice(25 pounds equivalent) and the remaining 13 pounds of pulp from the pressed grapes. Would it be alright you think to use the “pulp” to make up for the 5 pounds of grapes I’m short? Or other options? Thanks for the help!

does not work that way. the pulp you mentioned is usually kept with the juice to insure color retention and tannin addition. You have 2 gallons of juice thats it. need more go buy some Welch's concord juice at Walmart or similar store and add to you batch. sane grape as Concord.

does not work that way. the pulp you mentioned is usually kept with the juice to insure color retention and tannin addition. You have 2 gallons of juice thats it. need more go buy some Welch's concord juice at Walmart or similar store and add to you batch. sane grape as Concord.
Thanks for that info!
A family member gave me the juice/pulp. Wish they would have saved themself the time and gave me the whole grapes!
So my juice I have then is really just equivalent to 2 containers of Welch’s concentrate? I am sorry to ask dumb questions but really don’t want to screw up this recipe since there are some things missing.

Winemaker recipe handbook

Attachments

• EC501BA6-522D-4587-BFD7-D4ED087DE1DD.jpeg
    EC501BA6-522D-4587-BFD7-D4ED087DE1DD.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
Back