Concord Grape

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mainecr

Reaction score
We just finished sorting and destemming 12 pounds of concord. Couple of questions.
We picked them off the stems by hand. Took too long. Is there a better way?
We also enjoyed some Welches concord grape with dinner. Can someone tell me if the 6 pound Jack Keller recipe is bolder, lighter, etc...than a 2 can per gallon welches grape recipe?

I have always had great success from using Welch's Concord, White Grape Raspberry, and White Grape Peach.I usually make wine from fruit, but I use these juice concentrates in the off- season. If you add bentonite at the beginning, these wines are ready about the same time as a kit wine.Right now, I'm at the beginning of persimmon season,And have two gallons of wine going.

We just finished sorting and destemming 12 pounds of concord. Couple of questions.
We picked them off the stems by hand. Took too long. Is there a better way?

I was looking at every posting about Concord wine/grapes. I came across this old posting. If you want to speed up the process of picking concord grapes. Go into your shop/garage and get a side cutter. When you are harvesting the grapes cut the bundle near the twig/stem/vine. Just make sure you do not cut the woody vine. The attached link will show you what I am talking about.

harvesting-grapes-cutting.jpg

Rob

Back