Concentrates, Purees, and Bases

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Rose'

Junior
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone tried George's new fruit Concetrates, Purees or Bases? How many of them do you need to make 6 gallons of wine? They should make the "sport" of country wine making a lot easier!
smiley4.gif

Rose, use 1-46oz. can Alexander's Sun Country concentrate for 2.5 gallons of wine or 2 for 5 gallons wine. Personally, I think one is enough for 3 gallons of an early maturing wine, sweetened just barely off-dry.

Use 1-49oz. can of the Oregonfruit puree or Vintner's Harvest fruit puree for a full bodied 3 gallons, 2 for a very rich and full bodied 5 gallons, or 2 for a lighter 6 gallons.

Acid and/or ph should be checked and adjusted for all of the above, and you will need sugar, tannin, acid blend, pectic enzyme, yeast nutrient, and yeast of your choice. Also, sugar might not be needed for lower alcohol wine, use your hydrometer.

I hope this helps you.

smiley4.gif
Edited by: Country Wine

Thanks, Country! My husband really wants some blackberry wine since he is from Arkansas, but I wasn't looking forward to picking the blackberrys over the fourth of July, I would rather be trout fishing the White River!

Good choice and way to prioritize! I can almost throw a rock into the White River from where I am sitting right now. Where in Arkansas is your husband from?

My husband is from Mountain View. His summer job was guidingfolks on theWhite River, in High School We have a "River Rat" boat just for fishing the White. Btw, I really love Greers Ferry Lake, too, we actually spent our Honey Moon there!

Wow! We spend about every other weekend there when the air is warm or HOT even. I have lots of pics of purple sunsets on the lake.

Dad use to live out side of Mountain View and work for a while out side of town at a iron shop they made candle holders bed posts etc.

I am sorry to hear that. I am all for putting bans on tourists buying land in tourist attraction areas. I am VERY against it. It not only ruins the feel of places, but the poor wildlife!!!
smiley19.gif
smiley11.gif

Oh well, the topic was???? Concentrates, Purees and Bases?

I never used them, but i've heard great things about them. I am sure they are not very different from the kinds you get with kit wines.

I just received a can of Vinter's Harvest-Blueberry concentrate, and a Peach "Orchard Breezin" wine kit from George to try.

This should be interesting...

It will be good! Martina, the purees and bases are altogether different than wine kits. It is the same as a scratch recipe, but they have it all ready for ya.

As soon as I get my next shipment in, I'll try the "Blueberry." I've been hooked on blueberry stuff lately...suppose to help the "brain function better," I need all the help I can get!
smiley29.gif

Back