Concentrate recipes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fauxfly

Reaction score
So I've been making several batches with frozen concentrates from the local grocery store. They're turning out pretty good but I'm wondering if they could'nt be just a little bit better ?? What is the general concenus among the group here ... two cans of concentrate per gallon of batch or three cans per gallon of batch. I've just tried the later and will make my own determination in a month or so.

Like I said I've had good luck with the Dole line and the Old Orchard also. A broad product line is nice as I can make a large variety of vints.

What do you guys think, 2 or 3 cans per gallon. ?? What I mean is either 10 or 15 cans in a 5 gallon batch.

Steve

I have a blueberry pomegranate in progress from frozen concentrate. I only added the recommended water to make it as though you were going to drink it.

Once mixed I took a s. g. reading and added sugar to 1.092

I will back sweeten with unmixed juice.

I anticipate it to be very good. I'll let everyone know later this year.

I have made concord grape and a batch of white grape/peach. I used 3cans of frozen concentrate per gallon. I used a starting sg of 1.080 on the concord and 1.070 on the white grape/peach and both turned out pretty tasty.

Thanks a lot guys,
I think I'll stick to the 3 cans of frozen concentrate to the gallon. Like I said my vints have been turning out good, but I think I could really improve by increasing the concentrate to water ratio. I'll forever change my recipe practices !!

Thanks again

Steve

3 cans, I believe somenone on here posted that they had used 2 cans and the taste was a little watery.

Latest posts

Back