concentrate or juice suppliers - off season

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

franc1969

Reaction score
Question, I now have a request just after most harvests have ended.
Where to get juice or concentrate out of main or spring season? I know of Walkers Wine Juice, Double A Vineyards, HomeWinery (not currently recommended). Or buying a kit of appropriate type.
I went looking for Alexanders Sun Country varietal concentrates that come in cans, can't find them and used to see them often. Only EC Kraus has a single variety. I think there was another brand name used, but can't seem to find anything. I have the manufacturer as California Concentrates, who I'll try asking Monday when they are open their website is not helpful for small quantity, at all.
Otherwise I am only finding the generic liters of 'red' or 'white' wine grape concentrate, which aren't very cost effective.

Francine, I realize you are looking for juice or concentrate but there is a chance I can get you some Norton grapes. No guarantee since the weather for the final ripening has been less than ideal and I'm not sure what the total yield will be.
I'd love to know about price for Norton, I might be able to work this too. The concentrates are a general need, but was just asked for a white blend well after harvest.

I used to use US Elite Winery Supplies in my winery. you do need a tax id but they sell kits equals and concentrate lower than the original manufacturers. there product is very good and for a winery another benefit is they would provide a certificate certifying varietal of the concentrate.

I'd love to know about price for Norton, I might be able to work this too. The concentrates are a general need, but was just asked for a white blend well after harvest.

They are $1.50/lb, my notes aren't telling me the yield but they are very thick skinned. I think I got 11-12 gallons out of 150 lbs last year.

I bought 3 cans of the Sun Country wine concentrates (The sized of Tall Tomato Juice cans of olden days ) about 4 years ago. I was not impressed and they didn't make that much wine. I think 1 gallon from 1 can. I caught them on sale but still at abouot $20.00 per can+/- Just not that impressed.

If you are looking for varietal grapes, purity should not be an issue in most cases but just double check with any supplier before ordering. If you are looking at fruit wine bases, proceed very carefully, blending fruits seems to be the more common thing these days to keep costs down?

(See also this thread for some additional thoughts/ options #BLENDSRULE)

After running everything down, I think it is actually better to buy concentrate kits for sweetening, and freeze some portion, than to to try and find concentrate separately. I'll look for juice and go from there.

Latest posts

Back