Competition for hobby winemakers 2023

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I entered some meat marinade in a non meat marinade contest!
For those who are wondering, here is one possible way of many possible ways to ship bottles of a food product. Use at your own risk.
I used a box like this, and put the bottles of meat marinade in as so,

thumbnail_IMG_2631.jpg

it helps to take just enough bubble wrap and jam into the center to dampen bottle movement

thumbnail_IMG_2632.jpg

The upper bottle carrier on the floor next to the box of meat marinade is put in place (not shown) along with the entry sheet and a check in a zip lock bag and the box is taped well with good shipping tape.

thumbnail_IMG_2630.jpg

The box is measured and weighed then shipping is paid for by logging into UPS website and the label printed and carefully taped to the box
thumbnail_IMG_2633.jpg
Then drop off at a UPS pickup site at Staples on a Monday afternoon and my meat marinade was delivered by that Wednesday for less than $16.50
thumbnail_IMG_2635.jpg

I bookmarked this shipping hint from last year. Just passing along.
Post in thread 'Shipping wine'
Shipping wine
Good to know. Luckily I live about an hour from Manchester. It’s a pleasant drive and a fun town. Drove up, dropped the entries off and my wife and spent a few hours in town.

Glad I didn’t have to worry about mailing. But in the future, I may need those pointers. Thanks

One of my wines received a Bronze, a WE Private Reserve Nebbiolo ‘21
Congratulations. I received a bronze for a 2021 FWK Tavola Merlot. I thought another entry was a better wine but it got nothing. Shows you how much I know.

I did notice kits don’t seem to do well compared to grapes so I wasn’t expecting anything.

One of my wines received a Bronze, a WE Private Reserve Nebbiolo ‘21
Congratulations on your metal. I've made the WE Nebbiolo Eclipse in 2019 and really liked it. Not sure if its the same as the Private Reserve, but I've done several of the WE kits with skins and all have turned out very good.

Latest posts

Back