Common Terms

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. Go for it!

You can blend wines any way you want. Mixing finished wines into new wines is a common thing.

Ideally you want to have your must set prior to fermentation. For many reasons, life doesn't always work out that neatly. Generally speaking, let a wine finish fermenting -- the volume doesn't matter until you move to a secondary container, at which point you want to avoid headspace.

Once the wines are done fermenting, mix 'em as you see fit. Winemaking is a win or lose proposition -- if YOU are happy with the result, you've won. If you're not happy with result? Cook with it. All wines taste alike after being boiled.
Thanks so much!!!

In the 3 gallons of blueberry wine I pitched 1/8 teaspoon of megabits in it and let it sit for 24 hours before pitching the yeast

Thanks, I have already moved them. That table is on the east very shaded side of the house and only gets a little weak daylight sun. They are in the closet now, I racked them once more. Added a 1/4 teaspoon of metabisulfate and stuck them in the dark closet

Latest posts

Back