Color My World no I mean Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodbee

Reaction score
Last year I mentioned that the pear juice that I was using looked like creek water. I mentioned adding a little food coloring. There was some skepticisim about it lasting through out fermenting and ageing. The wine was bottled about 11 months ago. I finally opened a bottle the other night and was pleased to see that it still had it's blush color. I had added 15 drops of common red food coloring to a five gal. batch. Just thought that I would share my results. And yes, the wine was fine and I was pleased that ageing had indeed helped mellow it out.
Brad

I remember that thread.. we were worrying about artificial colouring going streaky or something as I recall?.. Did you use natural colouring for it in the end? Good to know it actually worked ok..

I suppose if we can get hold of green in the same brand.. we can do a st patricks day with wine...

:sp

Sure we can do the green. Did you ever see how they color the river I believe in NY green on St Patty's day.

Sure we can do the green. Did you ever see how they color the river I believe in NY green on St Patty's day.

Do they really?

Wow that must be a sight to see..

a bit like adding washing powder to a public fountain on new years eve :p

( I'm in NZ.. we do things on a smaller scale...)

Allie

we've added color before bottling without any issues. did it to strawberry, which has a tendency to look more pink, so we made it real red. now we just put in more #!

Back