Coloma Frozen varietal grape concentrates

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverbullet07

Reaction score
Just received an email that Coloma Frozen now has their additional varietal grape concentrates available.

"Coloma Frozen Foods has been asked for varietal grape concentrates in addition to our white grape concentrate (not-varietal) and the Concord grape concentrate we offer. We have listened. We are proud to offer 8 different grape concentrates, 4 white and 4 red varieties. They are all product of the USA, grown in California, processed in California, and packaged in Michigan for you.

The white varieties are: Chardonnay, Muscat, Riesling, and Sauvignon Blanc.
The red varieties are Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, and Zinfandel.

All of the concentrates are 68 brix. There are no additives, sugars, or preservatives added. Normally, California wine grapes are harvested at 22 brix. To reconstitute the concentrate back to single strength the approximate dilution rate is about 1:3. This product is ready for shipping in quarts, 1.5 gallon, 3 gallon, and 4 gallon units. "

https://colomafrozen.com/wine

If I have done the math correctly, 1 quart Coloma plus 3 quarts water should equal one gallon. For a six gallon batch that would be 6 quarts Coloma or 5.68 liters per 6 gallon batch. The entry level/cheap kits (my Winexpert Classic Washington Riesling) provide 8 liters per 6 gallon batch. I realize that the new kits are claiming their new concentration/reduction processes are superior, but I wonder.

Anyone tried these? Looks like all 8 varietals are $14.75 for a quart (makes a gallon), $87.50 for 1.5 gallons (makes 6 gallons). Best deal is the 4 gallons for 160.00 (makes 16 gallons).

However at $87.50 for 1.5 gallons (plus shipping), you could also buy any of the Finer Wines kits and those include 1.5 gallons of concentrated juice as well but also include yeast, yeast nutrients, acid, fining agents, oak, sulfite/sorbate, instructions, plus the option to buy grape skins (and if so they throw in muslin sack and more oak for secondary).

Latest posts

Back