collinwood juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuz

Reaction score
I have purchased a Carmenere 6 gallon juice from a local vendor in NY. It is Collinwood juice from Ohio. The vendor I purchased from told me - don't do anything to the juice. Just let it sit for 5 months rack it once and let it age. He said the cap on the juice is an air lock. I have only made Festa juice wine but what I have read on this forum the wine making process is similar for any juice. Has anyone bought from Collinwood and know if they treat their juice with yeast (or anything else) before shipping?

I have purchased collinwood juice before - BEST JUICE EVER !!

You would have to ask him directly about the yeast

I racked traditional methods and it turned out great !

Carl stopped over by my house a couple of weeks ago - between deliveries - looking forward to the upcoming season with him.

When you buy Carl's juice what is your wine making process, ie pitch yeast and nutrients, add grape skins, rack add k meta, add clarifier??

I have only made wine with kits so far. This is my first purchase of unpasteurized juice. I think it's unpasteurized.

Steve

Thanks for the article. Going to follow it. So this is the type of juice Carl sells? I have read some articles here that you have kill the wild yeast first. Is that necessary?

Latest posts

Back