Collinwood Grape Company?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have experience with Collinwood Grape Company in Ohio? Their prices seem amazing so I’m wondering if I’m missing something.

http://collinwoodgrape.com/

Thanks...

Prices are similar (just a bit higher) than the place I've been getting my grapes, and Collinwood offers a lot of the same varieties from the same areas. F. Colavita & Sons. Colavita picks, packs, and ships grapes (not a middle man), checked on the Colavita website and Collinwood is one of their distributors, so they probably get at least some of their product from Colavita. I've been very pleased with both the quality and price of the Colavita fruits. I'd imagine that you should be able to get some pretty good stuff from Collinwood.

Not to be a killjoy, but... First of all, their quality is good to above average depending on the grapes. They deliver to clubs and shops in my area of Chicago/ Milwaukee and refuse to put my orders on their trucks. ( I can't get a quarter ton of grapes delivered?) I told them I would come pick them up in Cleveland. Last spring I kept calling to see if my grapes were in. Eventually they seemed annoyed and said they would call me when the grapes arrive. I asked "are you sure?" and he replied that they always fill every order. I am still waiting for a call and have empty carboys because of their lack of response. For a few years I struggled with the frustration of dealing with them and now buy my grapes from more local sources. They know their business and have quality grapes and even some from unique AVA's. For me the frustration level is not worth it.
BTW, This fall 18 gal. Cab Sauv, 10 gal. O.V. Zin (which is amazing, from a guy in Elmhurst, IL.) 6 gal Amarone (Italian Juice, a little foxy) and 10 gal. Syrah (very good, Colavita). Will be aged on Hungarian Oak.

Latest posts

Back